Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
AML/Conduct Compliance officer (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Field of activity
The Compliance Function works closely with the individual business units and group control functions to ensure compliance with national and international laws and regulations applicable to the various units of the Deutsche Börse Group and its business activities. The compliance function has a proactive role in the identification of possible non-compliance or reputational risks, including those that may arise in connection with new activities and products. Clearstream Compliance works in partnership with Group Compliance which is responsible in defining group-wide compliance policies, supports their uniform application within the group entities, and provides centralised services to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, international financial sanctions, anti-corruption, data protection, and the prevention of conflicts of interest and related securities law requirements.
Located in Luxembourg you will assist the Head of Compliance Advisory in the development and implementation of the compliance program across the business areas of the specific legal entity, as one component of a broader compliance approach across the Deutsche Börse Group and Clearstream Sub-Group.
- Detect, escalate and monitor potential compliance risks arising from AML/CTF, Conflicts of Interests, Market abuse, Anti-Competition, Unfair customer treatment, and Organisational Conduct.
- Contribute to the development of standards, training and education on ethics topics, in coordination with the relevant organisational functions (e.g. Group Compliance, HR) in order to ensure that there is an appropriate alignment with EU-wide standards and a uniform and consistent application of ethics-related matters across Clearstream.
- Enable the exchange of lessons learnt and best practice for proactive compliance management, between all functions within Clearstream.
- Contribute to the development and roll out of strategic global initiatives, working with project leadership, managers, and other staff members to better ensure efficiency and reduce compliance risks
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Help producing executive summaries and presentations for submissions to the CCO and senior committees
- Contribute to the operational duties of the CBL Compliance Team (compliance assessment for prospects, clients, new issues and alert management)
- University degree in economics, finance or law or a relevant comparable qualification
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements applicable to Clearstream Banking S.A. and to Deutsche Börse Group entities (e.g. AML Law, MAR, CSSF Circular 12/552, etc)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and French (German or another language would be an asset)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to cope with tight deadlines and handle multiple priorities whilst being solution driven and client focused
- Communication and negotiation skills, including ability to present complex matters in a clear and comprehensive way
- Strong individual initiative, high level commitment and motivation
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.