Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Application Administrator - Risk Applications (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Deutsche Börse Risk IT develops and maintains several mission critical applications and is launching ambitious projects with broad impact. Our Xetra/Eurex Database Operations team is responsible for the day-to-day operations, deployment, and handling of these applications as well as the database administration. Xetra/Eurex Operations covers the full scope of Deutsche Börse Trading, Clearing and Risk systems including their infrastructure.
As part of our application modernization roadmap Risk IT is building a new containerized cloud-native application running on OpenShift. We are looking for candidates to accompany that roadmap from an operations perspective who are passionate about keeping systems and associated databases running while bringing forward modern monitoring and alerting solutions heavily leveraging automation.
Design, implementation, and testing activities of application development and integration test teams will be done in close cooperation with Xetra/Eurex Operations to integrate requirement early. A possibility for temporary rotation between teams can be envisaged next to close collaboration requiring travel to Prague.
- Day-to-day operational responsibilities including incident response, standby duty, and maintenance activities.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Design, build and maintain monitoring and alerting stack for cloud native applications running on OpenShift.
- Administration and optimization of high availability solutions for risk management including their associated databases.
- Stay up to date on technology and help improve processes and culture.
- Interest and ability to learn, collaborative working style.
- User and basic system management knowledge with Linux.
- Ability to script (Bash, Python, etc) in Linux environments.
- Knowledge of database engines relational database (e.g. PostgreSQL, mySQL) as well as noSQL databases (e.g. Cassandra).
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools (Ansible, Terraform, Chef, etc) or modern monitoring/alerting stack (ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, Loki, etc).
- A degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- A passion for the challenges of building, running and servicing minimum downtime critical production systems.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
The following skills would be a plus:
- Familiarity with Cloud Service Providers like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience with container orchestration, either upstream Kubernetes or OpenShift.
- Experience with GitHub features (GitHub Actions, GitHub Issues, etc).
- Experience with other aspects of a modern cloud native stack – ideally CNC and related projects (Helm, Istio, etc).
- An interest or background in financial markets and risk management.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written German.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.