Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Application and Database Administrator (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
As a member of the Xetra/Eurex Database Administration team, you will primarily ensure the high availability of Deutsche Börse Group’s risk and surveillance systems. Additionally, there are DB admin tasks for other clearing and trading related applications. All this covers the environment landscape from test to simulation to production. This includes system monitoring and configuration, trouble shooting and incident and problem resolution. Deutsche Börse offers its employees an exciting, global work environment in a high technology driven industry.
- Setup and day-to-day support of production, simulation and test systems
- Performance analysis
- 2/3 level support for database applications; mainly on Linux systems
- Maintain and review application documentation
- Perform configuration changes using the change management system of Deutsche Börse Group
- Perform trouble-shooting and incident-/problem management tasks
- Handle tickets using the ticket management system of Deutsche Börse Group
- Continuously provide status updates of incidents
- Participate in a shift rotation, on-call support and occasional weekend work to implement software and configuration changes
- Red Hat Linux - basic usage and command knowledge
- SQL and Database administration knowledge for database engines like Postgres, MySql, Oracle or Oracle/Rdb
- Bash, Python scripting
- Knowledge of Linux clustering solutions would be an asset
- Highly motivated, organized individual who is able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work in shifts, being on-call
- Excellent written and spoken German and English
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.