Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Application Operations Specialist (DevOps) (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Who we are
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
For our Product Organization "Data IT" we are looking for a development application operational specialist, or one who wants to become one, for our globally leading market data systems. The Deutsche Börse Group product “Data IT” provides technology enabled services helping business to digitize and navigate financial markets with increased agility and insight. By extracting and deploying the right information at the right time, data is transformed into value.
You will be part of a build and run team being responsible for services around the Regulatory Reporting Hub and the company wide DevOps Tool Chain. You should expect an innovative environment enforcing agile applications operations in cloud environments and on on-premise. We ensure that maximum service levels are provided to customers on a 24-hour basis.
- You will contribute to manage, coordinate, support the team and responsible to deliver results
- Be responsive, move the business forward and giving it a stronger technological advantage
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional as technical borders
- You should be curious about new possibilities and act to explore them
- You will support the IT based environments 24/7 and will solve business and IT incidents with innovative solutions to ensure that a maximum service level is provided to Customers on a 24-hour basis
- You will plan, implement, integrate and support third party software as well as internally developed applications within IT production environment as well as managed services customers
- You will analyse problems, resolve issues and will perform monitoring, tuning and optimisation of performance of in-house applications as well as third party software
- You will work on the deployment of new projects and document implemented solutions
- Diligent and motivate working on streams, taking challenges and embrace change towards cloud solutions
You should have have Experience and expertise in either one of those fields:
- Application operations, devops, project implementation or administrative position
- Cloud (Azure, Google Cloud, AWS), Linux server environments
- Administration of Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker
- Use and administration of Jenkins, Github, Artifactory, SonarQube and strong grasp of automation tools
- Administration of a variety of database engines like PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB as well as reporting platforms like Splunk or Graylog
- Organised, curious, proactive, ability to work in a team
- Customer-facing role, service-oriented attitude and attention to detail
- The job calls for both technical capability and business understanding
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script (especially Python, Ansible, Helm Charts)
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Dedication, team and communication skills, flexibility, proficiency in written and spoken English, as well as competent handling of MS Office applications round out your profile.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.