Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Back officer - Settlement (f/m/d)
Clearstream Operations Prague s.r.o. • Prague
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
In our Prague Settlement team we are looking for new colleagues who will be responsible for the transfer of a new task from Germany to Prague. The new colleagues will be responsible for the business of German Registered Shares (onboarding of new GRS, registration and de-registration of the owners, communication with the registers and processing and planning of Corporate Action events). The training is at the moment online, but we foresee the possibility in the future to travel to Germany for the training. Registered Shares operates all kinds of registered shares issued mostly by German companies. Today, there are about 275 issuers, including 15 non-German companies. The relevant IT-system is CASCADE-RS, an application running on the Clearstream settlement system CASCADE. Main business partners are banks as users of CASCADE / CASCADE-RS or lead-banks engaged in introducing companies into collective safe custody or responsible for corporate actions of any kind, issuers of registered shares and transfer agents in charge of maintaining the share ledgers. Business language is German, regularly with all business partners in the German market, with banks or their respective operational entities from abroad, English.
Qualification & Skills:
- Responsible team player with capability to adapt and to quickly acquire new working methodologies
- Languages: German and English
- Good understanding of the business requirements of issuers and legal framework
- Understand complex booking structures and their interaction with other booking systems (share ledgers, banks’ booking systems)
- Fast learner and stress-resistant
- Precise and detail-oriented person
- Friendly and secure interaction with Registered Shares’ business partners
- University degree in finance or similar field of studies is a plus
- Previous working experience in banking area is also a plus
Your Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Support the team in the daily tasks, such as, but not limited to:
- Introduction of registered shares into collective safe custody, withdrawal of registered shares from collective safe custody, corporate actions (mergers, capital increase / decrease, split etc.)
- Coordinate and describe the relevant tasks of all parties involved in context with the requirements set by Clearstream Banking
- Handle customer requests regarding the complex booking structure of CASCADE-RS
- Administer contracts with issuers
- Draw up CBF-customer announcements
- Handle special services such as ALU/AU (automated re-registration) process, AESOP issuers, transmission stops, re-registration and deregistration orders in context with AGMs, Investors Portal, T2S alerts, and others
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.