Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Big Data Developer / Engineer (Scala/Java) (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
We’re looking for a highly motivated Big Data Developer/Engineer to join our international “StatistiX Trading Regulatory” team to help us developing reliable applications capable of processing sensitive data in a Big Data environment. If you love to find creative solutions, are fascinated by technology, are interested in financial markets and—more generally—like to work in a stimulating environment, then you are the person we are looking for.
You’ll be working in the StatistiX division within the Clearing and Risk IT department of Deutsche Börse Group. Being the central data warehouse and data platform, StatistiX constitutes an integral part of Deutsche Börse’s IT systems, providing insightful data to internal and external users on a global scale. The data gathered, maintained, and calculated by StatistiX is consumed by multiple stakeholders being part of the complex financial ecosystem. Within StatistiX, we are not only controlling manifold nexuses of data streams, but also act as Business Intelligence and Analytics platform.
You’ll be part of a dynamic, committed, performance driven team responsible for the creation and timely delivery of regulatory reports mainly consumed by external clients. Regulatory reporting is a rapidly emerging area within our company, attracting a high degree of management attention. To a large part, you’ll be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications processing regulatory data. These applications may be subject to constant change and need to run reliably. Naturally, data correctness and integrity are of utmost importance. Overarching mission of the team is to find effective ways to implement regulatory business requirements employing new technologies such as a Big Data architecture stack. In doing so, we are taking care of the entire life cycle, from concept creation to installation in Production environment.
- Design software based on requirements given by functional and business experts
- Function as a primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and supporting different types of Big Data applications with a focus on MIFID2/MIFIR regulatory reporting
- Provide recommendations and feedback on solution design and development to facilitate and foster the growth of the team
- Become a competent expert with visible responsibility of certain applications and the used technology to deliver valuable input for the functional team
- Ensure the high-quality standards are met along the entire development process, from concept to production deployment
- University degree in Computer Science or similar technical subject
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Interest in or basic knowledge of financial markets
- Knowledge in Scala / Spark, alternatively of object-oriented programming languages such as Java, Scala, C++, Python, etc.
- Able to work independently in a solution-oriented manner while thinking responsibly and pragmatically
- Experience with other technologies used by the team will be an added advantage (e.g. GitHub, Jira, Oracle SQL, Control-M, Jenkins, Kafka, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, German will be a plus
- Eager to learn about new technologies and business matters, willingness to bring the team to the next level
- A good sense of humor
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.