Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Big Data Infrastructure Engineer (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Prague
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
The section Big Data & Advanced Analytics provides infrastructure and services to enable the development of data science, analytics and big data solutions by the businesses across the value chain served by Deutsche Börse Group. As a Big Data Infractructure Engineer you will join our team of big data experts and support us in developing and building the data science and big data infrastructure for the group. You will be covering topics ranging from defining the overall big data architecture to supporting the implementation of specific business use cases in the big data and data science fields.
- Perform code refactoring from single node architecture (python) into distributed framework (PySpark) to make code more efficient and maintainable
- Be first level support for end user’s requests when dealing with technical issues
- Build and support large scale production big data processing and analytics infrastructure
- Design and implement end to end data ingestion pipelines(batch/stream) from multiple sources using Apache Spark and/or Apache Kafka
- Work with other members of the project team to support delivery of additional project components (API interfaces, Search)
- Deploy and maintain continuous integration practice, CI/CD and release management
- Gather data requirements from analytics and business departments
- Write and maintain operational and technical documentation and perform tasks in Agile methodology
Qualifications/ required skills
- University degree in computer science, software engineering, informatics or similar qualifications
- Direct experience of building data pipelines using Azure Data Factory, Azure DevOps and Apache Spark (preferably Databricks or Cloudera).
- Shell scripting experience in Linux/windows and familiarity with network topology
- Command and understanding of wide range of big data technologies and database architecture especially with newer technologies (Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL, etc.)
- Strong team player willing to cooperate with colleagues across office locations and functions
- Very strong English language skills are a must
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.