Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Business Continuity Management Officer (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Field of activity
The Chief Risk Officer area coordinates the risk management activities of Deutsche Börse Group. This includes but is not limited to assessing and reporting operational, financial and business risks of Deutsche Börse Group (DBG). The Business Continuity Management unit oversees and controls the Business Continuity Management Framework of Deutsche Börse Group (DBG), which is deployed to mitigate unavailability risk for key resources in order to minimize the impact of potential operational disruptions to DBG entities.
• Develop, implement and maintain a business continuity management (BCM) and related governance framework with specific focus on DBG’s subsidiary Fondcenter AG
• Corresponding to that, enhance the second line of defence oversight on Business and IT Operations
• Develop, implement and maintain an incident & crisis management process
• Support yearly Business Impact Analysis assessments
• Coordinate the execution and reporting of BCM tests
• Design, collect, monitor and report BCM KPI / KRI metrics
• Become a trusted business advisor for BCM topics: provide guidance related to business continuity plans and interdependencies, foster awareness and facilitate a proactive involvement of business areas in business continuity management
• Interact with other control functions like Information Security, Outsourcing and Risk Management
• Provide input and support to key projects and change processes
• Interact with external BCM interest groups/organizations and keep abreast of changes in regulations and industry best practices
• Ideally 5 years of experience in Business Continuity Management and/or IT Service Continuity Management (incl. IT Contingency & IT Disaster Recovery Planning) – with a focus on financial services/banking/financial market infrastructure providers.
• Very good knowledge of Business Continuity Management practices and protocols, including international BCM standards promoted by BCI/DR/ISO and relevant regulations (MaRisk, CSDR, CSSF 12/552, CPMI IOSCO, etc.)
• Good knowledge of IT infrastructure, IT & Cyber Security and operations processes of financial market infrastructure providers, including specific technical knowledge would be a plus.
• Good knowledge in developing and maintaining an incident & Crisis management process for (complex) matrix organisations.
• Good knowledge of the operational risk profile of Deutsche Börse Group (DBG).
• Excellent analytical skills, creativity, critical thinking and the ability to identify problems and propose solution
• Fluency in English is mandatory. German knowledge would be an asset.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.