Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
C++ Software Application Developer for core financial applications (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Deutsche Börse Group is one of the largest exchange organizations worldwide. Information Technology designs, builds and operates the technological infrastructure of the company. These highly integrated and automated IT systems are essential to our success. The Settlement department is responsible of real-time banking applications in the post-trade processing area of Clearstream/DBAG.
We're looking for a C++ developer to become part of the ICSD Settlement team responsible for development and maintenance of Clearstream's core backend real-time Clearing and Settlement engine.
The applications are written mostly in C++ (11), using Oracle as a database and are running natively on Linux (RHEL7). The application ecosystem is designed as a real-time massively parallel system composed of many microservices communicating via ActiveMQ and Oracle Advanced Queueing messaging systems.
As a developer, you'll have an opportunity to contribute to the existing system's features, modernize codebase to improve code safety and stability, design, develop and integrate new components, but also take part in the technical migrations such cloud migration involving dockerization of the microservices and orchestration using OpenShift.
While the production environment is restricted to ensure high stability, the development environment is very flexible to support individual developer's desires regarding IDEs and tools. This approach enables every developer to create one or multiple private AWS machines with custom setup ensuring high comfort and work efficiency. On the development side, we leverage technologies such as Ansible, Terraform, Python, AWS EC2, EFS, S3, DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, Jenikns (CI/CD) etc.
- Broad range of development activities including (not limited to):
- Technical Design including security, performance, scalability and maintainability aspects.
- Implementation of small to large scale trading solutions with strict SLAs and high impact in the financial world.
- Improving/enhancing the automatic functional and security testing framework including cloud-driven CI/CD pipeline
- Supporting all activities related to end-to-end testing, including support for business testers and execution team.
- Analysing production system issues and providing support to internal teams.
- Achieving compliance with internal and external standards applicable to the design, development and documentation of solutions
- Identifying area of improvements and proposing enhancements to existing processes
- Good programming skills in C++
- At least 1+ years hands-on experience with C++ development
- Experience with SQL databases (preferably Oracle)
- Familiarity with development and scripting under Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of following technologies will be of advantage: AWS / Azure / GCP cloud services, docker, python, ansible, terraform, OpenShift
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a cross-location international team and strong communication skills
- Strong result-oriented mindset and willingness to learn new methods and tools
- A background in financial markets, clearing or banking will be of advantage
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.
Ninwe Gourie – Campus Recruiting
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Campus Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.