Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Cash ICSD & Data Team Lead (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services S.A. • Luxembourg, Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Location: Luxembourg, Prague
Clearstream Services S.A.
With more than €14 trillion in assets under custody, Clearstream is one of the world’s largest settlement and custody firms for domestic and international securities. Clearstream ensures that cash and securities are promptly and effectively traded between market participants and that its customers are always notified of the rights and obligations attached to the securities they keep under its custody. Additionally, Clearstream provides services for investment funds, collateral management and securities lending.
Your area of work:
The Connectivity & Data IT section is responsible for the Connectivity and Data products of Clearstream/DBAG. The application landscape consists mainly of web applications and Java application servers running on top of large databases. We are looking for a Head of Unit to manage a team located currently in Luxembourg and soon enlarged to Prague too.
As Head of Unit, you will be an essential part of the Connectivity & Data IT Team. You will contribute to the growth of Clearstream because you drive changes and ensure that new platforms to be developed will successfully work and be integrated into legacy systems.
- Deliver software changes in a reliable and transparent manner, in scope, time and budget. Align with project managers, peers from Connectivity & Data IT, neighboring IT teams as well as IT Operations, IT Security and control functions proactively where required
- Manage external service providers for the delivery of the core services
- Drive continuous improvement of the software development process and proactively raise ideas to increase efficiency to the Connectivity & Data IT Leadership Team
- Ensure maintenance and on-call support for the sake of stable operations. Agree with business on SLAs and respective KPIs and ensure appropriate support levels by the application development team.
- Report applications performance, change status and issues with respective solution proposal to Connectivity & Data IT Leadership Team and support reporting to the Connectivity & Data IT Senior Management regularly and in appropriate form
- Maintain relationships to all Connectivity & Data stakeholders (Business and IT)
- Work actively on team’s and team members’ personal development, including measures for keeping the team updated on latest trends in technology
- Make an effective contribution to provide an attractive environment to talents across backgrounds, nationalities, culture and gender and to increase the team’s diversity
- Ensure a thorough understanding of applicable regulations in the team and support audits as required
- Understand the IT and business roadmap, transport understanding to the team and translate into actions on team level
- +5 years professional experience as an IT-Line-Manager, Project Manager or similar role
- Degree in Computer Science or a quantitative / engineering field (Maths, Physics, Engineering or similar)
- Leadership experience in managing software development teams
- Professional software development experience
- Solid management and project management skills
- Experienced with reporting to senior management
- Team player with excellent communication skills, naturally striving for inclusion rather than exclusion, creating transparency, proactive communication rather than passive response. You have professional discussions with technology peers and you communicate even complex facts in a way that business peers understand.
- Continuously self-assessing high results orientation, reliability and setting high standards for quality of work products.
- Highly analytical mind-set – Your structured approach helps you to deal with demanding tasks taking elements of feasibility and efficiency into account.
- High degree of self-dependence – You identify opportunities and risks in your area of activity as well as beyond that.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English. French or Czech would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the financial industry, e.g. related to business of Deutsche Börse and Clearstream
- In-depth knowledge of the cash & settlement securities processing.
- Know-How with regards to benefits of Cloud Computing
- Experienced with collaboration tools such as Jira and Github.
- Experienced in agile methodologies
- Experience in programming language (preferably in Java)
- Experience in Test automation
- Experienced in the area of Audit and Compliance, familiar with MaRisk
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Complementary health insurance
Your well-being and that of your family is important to us! We offer an optional supplementary healthcare scheme that complements your health insurance with the possibility to enrole family members, as well.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Benefit from tax optimisation: we offer you an interest subsidy on mortgage loans to optimise the tax on your premiums.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We support you in staying fit! We subsidise 6-month or annual memberships for the fitness or sports club of your choice.