Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Cloud DevOps Engineer (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
Deutsche Börse Xetra/Eurex Operations is responsible for the day-to-day operations, deployment, and handling of applications and databases. Xetra/Eurex Operations covers the full scope of the Deutsche Börse Trading (Xetra, Eurex, etc.), Clearing and Risk systems including their infrastructure. You will join a high-performance international team dealing with cutting-edge technologies in an international environment.
As “Cloud DevOps Engineer” you will be building and operating a Kubernetes platform for Deutsche Börse Group IT. As such your tasks will involve developing solutions and scripts for running and operating a Kubernetes platform like OpenShift on top of the three public cloud providers AWS, Azure and GCP and on-prem. You will be finding solutions to problems and helping other teams to onboard on the Kubernetes platforms. You will also be part of 24/7 support.
You will be a key part of making our IT ready for cloud and for delivering the Cloud Strategy as outlined by our CIO and our Executive Board. “It’s not possible” is a sentence, which is not yours, as you will make things possible, accept new challenges, and take over responsibility & commitment for your deliveries.
- Work in a team of cloud engineers
- Architect and evolve DBG Kubernetes platforms for Azure, GCP and on-prem
- Conception and proactive development of our Openshift Container platform
- Monitor platforms from an availability, security, and performance aspect
- Take part in on-call rotation and shift work
- Support the different product teams within DBG with deep technical know-how in their onboarding efforts
- Share your knowledge and expertise within DBG
- University degree in Information Technology or comparable
- Relevant professional experience, preferably two years or more
- Deep expertise in OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker and at least in cloud platform like Azure and/or GCP
- Deep knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices and tools like GitOps, ArgoCD, Tekton, GitHub Actions
- Deep knowledge in Infrastructure-as-Code tools like Terraform and Ansible
- Knowledge in agile working practices (Scrum, Kanban etc.)
- Expert level automation scripting skills in Python and/or Powershell as well as Unix/Linux shells
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is a must
- High affinity towards modern technology and cloud
- Strong analytical skills and a structured work approach
- High organizational talent, communication capabilities and team orientation
- Independent work method, high commitment to delivery, and high self-responsibility & ownership
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.