Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Compliance Control Officer (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Your area of work
The Compliance Function works in close coordination with the individual business units and group control functions to ensure adherence to national and international laws and regulations applicable to various units of Deutsche Börse Group and its business activities. The compliance function has a proactive role in the identification of possible compliance or reputational risks, including those that may arise in connection with new activities and products. Compliance defines group-wide compliance policies, supports their consistent application across group entities, and provides centralized services in areas including the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing, international financial sanctions, anti-corruption, data protection, and the prevention of conflicts of interest and related securities law requirements. Members of the Compliance Function will not only gain experience with various compliance responsibilities, but also have exposure to a broad range of global financial activities.
- Define and maintain the 2LoD Control Plan on Compliance and Regulatory Compliance Risks (major Laws and Regulations)
- Supervise and perform Controls as a 2LoD on activities carried out by the business areas
- Prepare, develop and maintain relevant risk analysis, including risk-based derivation of respective control measures
- Supervise and perform reviews as a Control Function of outsourcing contracts (“SDS”), including attendance of the Outsourcing Governance Committee &
- Define and maintain the governance on the procedure review, ensuring the compliance with the regulation and best practice within Compliance
- Support and supervise the implementation of a new Compliance Risk Assessment framework
- Advise other Compliance Units in implementing controls for enhancing the risk mitigation within their respective areas
- Support and supervise the other Compliance Units in keeping up-to-date the process, risk and controls up-to-date, in the context of the ICS framework at DBG
- Support and supervise the business areas regarding the coordination and closing of findings identified by Compliance or because of internal or external audit
- Coordinate resolution of external or internal findings on the Compliance function
- Prepare reports on the control measures and controls
- Regularly monitor requirements and market practice
- Contribute to the operational duties of the CBL Compliance Team (BAU Tasks such as onboarding, alert handling management, additional accounts…)
- University degree in law, economics, finance or a relevant comparable qualification
- Knowledge of the relevant regulatory requirements relevant to controls in financial institutions
- At least 3 years of experience in a financial institution, audit firm, compliance or a supervisory authority
- Strong analytical skills
- Rigour, sense of detail and organizational skills
- Communication and negotiation skills, including ability to present complex matters in a clear and comprehensive way
- Autonomy, strong individual initiative, high level commitment and motivation
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required. French or German is a strong plus
Duration: full-time contract
We look forward to receiving your CV and Cover Letter in English!
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Complementary health insurance
Your well-being and that of your family is important to us! We offer an optional supplementary healthcare scheme that complements your health insurance with the possibility to enrole family members, as well.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Benefit from tax optimisation: we offer you an interest subsidy on mortgage loans to optimise the tax on your premiums.
Our hybrid work model
Our hybrid working model: personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We support you in staying fit! We subsidise 6-month or annual memberships for the fitness or sports club of your choice.