Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Compliance & Controls Officer DBAG (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
The Group Compliance Function works in close coordination with the individual business units and other group control functions to ensure compliance with national and international laws and regulations applicable to various units of the Deutsche Börse Group and its business activities. The Compliance Function has a proactive role in the identification of possible compliance or reputational risks, including those that may arise in connection with new activities and products. Compliance defines group-wide compliance policies, supports their consistent application within the group entities, and provides centralized services including the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing, international financial sanctions, anti-corruption, data protection, and the prevention of conflicts of interest and related securities law requirements. To ensure the execution of 2nd Line of Defence controls, Group Compliance established a Control Framework to support, define and implement group-wide standards in this regard.
- In this role you will continuously strengthen the existing Compliance methodology for control management
- Perform, coordinate and structure internal/external controls according to the Group Compliance mandate.
- You will ensure and coordinate comprehensive communication between internal business lines and other control functions and Group Compliance
- In addition, you will support yearly compliance control planning and ensure timely and adequate reporting and (ad-hoc) escalation
- You will review compliance relevant audit reports and will be responsible for tracking / follow-up of findings and remediation actions
- Furthermore, you will support continuous improvement and optimisation of compliance processes and procedures
- In addition, you will also support the team in coordinating current internal / external audits and preparing reports as well as with administrative issues including data collection, status update related to open findings
- Creation of a risk-based IT compliance control plan and related control execution.
- You have completed your university degree in in economics, finance or law or you have a relevant comparable qualification
- You have at least 2 years of relevant professional experience in audit or control functions and control testing
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; German language skills will be an asset
- Experience in the execution of LoD controls
- Understanding of the relevant legal and regulatory compliance requirements and associated risks
- You have strong analytical skills and attention to detail as well as organisational and negotiation skills, including the ability to present complex matters in a clear and comprehensive way
- Dedication, team and communications skills, flexibility as well as competent handling of MS Office applications round out your profile.
- You will be trained on the job in relevant laws applicable for DBAG
- Strong individual initiative, high level commitment and motivation
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.