Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Compliance Officer (f/m/d)
Clearstream Fund Centre AG • Zurich
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Fund Center AG, one of the leading European funds distribution platforms, is a fully owned subsidiary of Group Deutsche Boerse, one of the world’s leading international clearing and settlement organizations listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. To strengthen the current setup of CFC AG and support the ongoing strategic projects, we are looking for a Compliance Officer with a strong responsibility profile, focusing on regulatory and policy requirements applicable to our global customer base and services with the mission to ensure that we are maintaining our high standards of practice in the eyes of its customers, the public and the authorities in the markets that it serves.
Your area of work
The Compliance Function works closely with the individual business units and group control functions to ensure compliance with national and international laws and regulations applicable and its business activities. The compliance function has a proactive role in the identification of possible non-compliance or reputational risks, including those that may arise in connection with new activities and products. The Fondcenter Compliance Officer will work in partnership with the Compliance functions of Clearstream Sub-Group and Deutsche Börse Group, the latter being responsible for defining group-wide compliance policies, supports their uniform application within the group entities, and provides centralised services to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, international financial sanctions, anti-corruption, data protection, and the prevention of conflicts of interest and related legal and regulatory requirements.
Located in Zurich you will ensure strengthening compliance controls over the organizational and technical measures across the business areas of Fondcenter, as one component of a broader compliance approach across the Deutsche Börse Group and Clearstream Sub-Group.
- Define and maintain the 2nd Line of Defense Compliance Control plan
- Supervise and perform controls as a 2nd Line of Defense on activities carried out by the business areas
- Prepare, develop and maintain relevant risk analysis including risk-based derivation of respective control measures
- Prepare reports on the control measures and controls
- Ensure application of Know-Your-Customer principles and quality assurance of related files
- Provide Compliance and Conduct Advisory to the business and all other areas as well as to Senior Management
- Monitor regulatory and legal requirements as well as market practices and ensure regulatory and legal compliance of Fondcenter with applicable laws and regulations
- Ensure Compliance with applicable policies and procedures
- Coordinate with the Chief Compliance Officer of Clearstream Holding AG and the group Compliance function of Deutsche Börse AG
- University degree in economics, finance or law or a relevant comparable qualification
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory and legal requirements applicable to Fondcenter
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant practical experience gained either in the Compliance function of a financial institution, in an audit function/firm or as member of a supervisory authority to the financial service industry
- Strong conceptual and methodological skills
- Attention on detail and organizational skills
- Communication and negotiation skills, including ability to present complex matters in a clear and comprehensive way
- Strong individual initiative, high level commitment and motivation
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and German is required. French or Italian is a strong plus
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.