Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Compliance Officer Investigations & Anti Financial Crime (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Please note that the position is limited for two years.
Your area of work:
The Compliance Function works in close coordination with the individual business units and group control functions to ensure adherence to national and international laws and regulations applicable to various units of Deutsche Börse Group and its business activities. The Compliance Function has a proactive role in the identification of possible compliance or reputational risks, including those that may arise in connection with new activities and products. Compliance defines group-wide compliance policies, supports their consistent application across group entities, and also provides centralised services in areas including the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing, international financial sanctions, anti-corruption, data protection, and the prevention of conflicts of interest and related securities law requirements. Members of the Compliance Function will not only gain experience with various compliance responsibilities, but also have exposure to a broad range of global financial activities.
The role will be part of the Compliance Function to ensure that the group acts with integrity in all areas of its business.
- Independently conduct investigations and be the Compliance expert in this area of activity. Assume the role of an Investigation Coordinator in case of complex matters including – where necessary - management of external service providers
- Conduct and support internal investigations relating to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, particularly examining allegations of criminal activities and misconduct as well as potential breaches off internal policies and procedures deriving e.g. from Whistleblowing system or monitoring or controls
- Further strengthen and continuously develop the Investigation framework including procedures, checklists in order to properly ensure compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Work independently and collaboratively with other stakeholders, ensuring that necessary support is provided on time sensitive situations
- Suggest sound decisions and document cases and decisions accurately. Follow up any findings and support mitigating measures to sustainably reduce risk exposure
- Support the Anti-Financial Crime team in its day-to-day tasks and advisory function regarding Anti-Money-Laundering, Anti-Terrorist-Financing and Other Criminal Offences / Fraud specifically for the regulated Financial Services entities within Deutsche Börse Group
- Work independently on related topics such as supporting the Compliance reporting requirements, close interaction with the business on arising issues, risk analysis and execution of controls
- Take over other Compliance tasks, i.e. to ensure reasonable deputation or in order to support other Compliance staff
- You have a university degree in economics or law or a relevant comparable qualification with at least 2 years of relevant practical experience within e.g. forensics, audit, compliance, of a financial services company
- A vocational exam, as e.g. Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or the Certified Investigation Expert (CIE) would be beneficial
- You have good knowledge of relevant European laws and regulations
- You are proficient to professionally perform and document interviews / inquiries on sensitive topics
- You are sensitive, but insistent when investigating with attention to detail and the ability to present complex and sensitive matters in a clear and comprehensive way
- You possess organizational skills to ensure accurate and complete documentation of decision making
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to manage, examine and investigate large quantities of information / exhibits / data
- You show strong individual initiative, high level commitment and motivation
- You are proficient in written and spoken German and English
Dedication, team and communication skills, flexibility as well as competent handling of MS Office applications round out your profile.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.