Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Credit Risk Monitoring Officer (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services S.A. • Luxembourg
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Services S.A.
With more than €14 trillion in assets under custody, Clearstream is one of the world’s largest settlement and custody firms for domestic and international securities. Clearstream ensures that cash and securities are promptly and effectively traded between market participants and that its customers are always notified of the rights and obligations attached to the securities they keep under its custody.
Group Credit`s overriding objective is to ensure that business activities are conducted within a prudent credit risk framework that is consistent with the bank’s credit appetite and in compliance with regulatory and supervisory requirements. We are searching for a Credit Risk Monitoring Officer to support us in credit risk monitoring and reporting tasks across the range of business activities, ensuring that the level of credit risk is in accordance with the bank’s credit policies, underwriting standards and regulatory requirements. As part of the group wide Credit team, a successful candidate will assume responsibility for credit risk related reporting, credit analytics, as well maintenance, enhancements and further development of the requisite analytical and reporting tools.
- Monitor and report credit exposures across the range of credit risk generating activities, ensuring strict adherence to credit policies and procedures. Investigate and escalate potential breaches.
- Review compliance with credit and collateral concentration limits on a daily basis.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc credit risk reporting, contribute to Pillar III disclosure.
- Provide analysis and independent assessments on credit risk related market developments.
- Support in collateral and credit consumption analytics.
- Maintain credit risk and credit risk reporting inventory.
- Contribute to the maintenance, improvements and development of internal policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Contribute to the implementation of enhancements to the methodologies and frameworks (i.e. credit risk monitoring framework, credit risk EWIs, collateral concentrations).
- Contribute to the initiatives to streamline and refine credit risk monitoring processes and system solutions. Work on the design and implementation of new analytical tools (project work).
- Manage communication with the relevant stakeholders, by providing timely high-quality, reliable credit service and expertise.
- University degree in the relevant field (Finance/ Economics / Mathematics...). M.Sc. or equivalent is an advantage.
- Good understanding of financial markets, pricing of fixed income securities, market and credit risk concepts. Knowledge of the process of clearing and settlement is an advantage.
- Solid understanding of macroeconomic and general business environment, as well as its implications for credit risk.
- Knowledge of the risk management regulatory landscape (CSDR, MaRisk, CRR, CSSF Circulars).
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills, ability to draw accurate conclusions based on the complex data.
- Sound knowledge of the systems of records, comfortable to perform reporting and investigations.
- Programming skills in applications like Python, R, SQL or alike. Familiarity with analytical tools and techniques.
- Accuracy and attention to details, ability to present complex matters in clear and comprehensive way.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, creativity, proven ability to conceptualize and execute solutions.
- Initiative and high commitment, ability to work independently and in a team, good time management.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, ability to operate across various functions and business areas.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. German and/or French will be an asset.
- Intellectual curiosity, and constant learning mindset.
- Relevant work experience is an advantage.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.