Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Credit Risk Monitoring Officer (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
The main purpose of the Risk Management area is to monitor the overall risk profile so that developments that could jeopardize the interests of Clearstream can be identified and suitable countermeasures can be deployed. Within Credit Monitoring unit, we are searching for a Credit Risk Monitoring Officer to support us in credit monitoring and reporting tasks across the range of business activities, ensuring that the level of credit risk is in accordance with the bank’s credit policies and appetite, underwriting standards and regulatory requirements. As part of the group Risk team, a successful candidate will assume responsibility for the maintenance, enhancements and further development of the requisite monitoring processes and tools.
You will also provide support and recommendations to the management.
- Monitor and report credit exposures across the range of credit risk generating activities, ensuring strict adherence to credit policies and procedures. Investigate and escalate potential breaches.
- Review compliance with credit and collateral limits on a daily basis.
- Monitor and report on Early Warning Signals
- Support regular and ad-hoc management and regulatory reporting.
- Contribute to the maintenance, improvements and development of internal policies, procedures and guidelines. Maintain governing documents and reporting inventory.
- Contribute to the implementation of enhancements to the methodologies and frameworks.
- Contribute to the initiatives to streamline and refine credit risk monitoring processes and system solutions. Work on the design and implementation of new credit tools (project work) .
- Contribute to the identification and remediation of our reporting or supporting IT features. Support IT during system enhancements cycles (e.g. business requirements drafting, business acceptance testing).
- Review and assess the impact of new regulations and guidelines issued by relevant authorities.
- Manage communication with the relevant stakeholders, by providing timely high-quality, reliable monitoring service and expertise.
- University degree in the relevant field (Finance/ Economics or IT, Mathematics...)
- Good understanding of financial instruments, market and credit risk concepts. Knowledge of the process of clearing and settlement is an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills,draw attention to details, ability to accurate conclusions and provide well-grounded recommendations.
- Sound knowledge of the systems of records, comfortable to perform reporting and investigations.
- Good command of MS Excel. Knowledge of data analysis and visualisation tools (for example Power BI) or programming skills in VBA, SQL or alike will be an asset.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, creativity, proven ability to conceptualize and execute solutions.
- Prior experience with the relevant risk management regulations (CSDR, MaRisk, CRR, CSSF Circulars) would be an advantage.
- Initiative, ability to work independently and in a team, good time management and prioritization skills.
- High commitment, solid communication and presentation skills, ability to operate across various functions and business areas.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. German and/or French will be an asset.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Complementary health insurance
Your well-being and that of your family is important to us! We offer an optional supplementary healthcare scheme that complements your health insurance with the possibility to enrole family members, as well.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Benefit from tax optimisation: we offer you an interest subsidy on mortgage loans to optimise the tax on your premiums.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We support you in staying fit! We subsidise 6-month or annual memberships for the fitness or sports club of your choice.