Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Credit Risk Officer (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services S.A. • Luxembourg
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Services S.A.
With more than €14 trillion in assets under custody, Clearstream is one of the world’s largest settlement and custody firms for domestic and international securities. Clearstream ensures that cash and securities are promptly and effectively traded between market participants and that its customers are always notified of the rights and obligations attached to the securities they keep under its custody. Additionally, Clearstream provides services for investment funds, collateral management and securities lending.
Field of activity
Group Credit`s overriding objective is to ensure that business activities are conducted within a prudent credit risk framework that is consistent with the bank’s credit appetite and in compliance with regulatory and supervisory requirements.
In your position as Credit Officer you will be responsible to monitor customer’s exposures targeting maximum settlement efficiency while ensuring that the level of credit risk accepted by Clearstream is in accordance with the bank’s credit policies, underwriting standard and regulatory requirements.
As part of the group-wide Credit team, you will provide support to the credit analysts, to management and respond promptly to demands for credit information and advice from the business areas.
- Monitor credit exposures, force purchases of securities and authorise the release of customers’ payments while ensuring strict adherence to credit policies and procedures
- Daily review of failed / blocked instructions ensuring timely adherence to currency deadlines
- Input and maintenance of credit and collateral data in the systems of records
- Assess customer’s credit needs based on historical data and available collateral
- Work on the maintenance, concepts/design, testing and implementation of new and existing credit tools
- Contribute to the review, upgrade and development of credit policies, procedures and guideline
- Review and assess the impact on the credit business of new regulations and guidelines issued by relevant authorities in Luxembourg, Frankfurt and Singapore
- University degree in Finance
- Good knowledge of financial markets and instruments
- Good command of MS Access/SQL/VBA/Macros/databases
- Accuracy, attention to detail, sound knowledge of the systems of records
- Strong problem-solving skills, comfortable with operational tasks / quick decisions with short deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team in an international environment
- Highly motivated and willing to assume additional assignments, including working in shifts
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to operate across a number of functions and business areas
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.