Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Cyber Protection / Vulnerability Analyst (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
The Group Security department directly contributes to execution of the Deutsche Börse Group information security strategy. As a central service provider for the Group entities, Group Security is responsible to protect information assets, incl. suppliers, in terms of safety, integrity, confidentiality, authenticity and availability by enforcing information security controls based on the relevant regulatory requirements and follows the international standard ISO/IEC 27000-series on the Information Security Management System.
In your position, you will provide IT security expertise in support to the business and in line with the key responsibilities:
- Support DBG System Security initiatives (Vulnerability and Compliance checks for system hardening, Vulnerability Notification, Source Code Scan, Penetration test management and Reports, quality checks of reported results, Tracking and Monitoring of remediation of open findings in IT and regular Reporting)
- SPOC for asset managers and vendors
- Analyse IT vulnerability check and Penetration test results. Review and evaluate the result quality, request result reviews and manual tests, document and automated IT security controls throughout the DBG environment.
- Advice and support the IT Support Groups for the understanding of vulnerabilities and by acting as expert/specialist.
- Monitoring and tracking of findings based on the criticality, communicate and escalate according to defined timelines of Vulnerability Management Standard, -Guidelines and -Process.
- Follow-up activity of vulnerability results for IT infrastructure and systems, coordination and tracking of remediation actions and exception requests.
- Support automated creation of weekly and monthly reports for Vulnerability and Penetration test findings
- If necessary, provide guidance to the IT for reengineering of processes and procedures required for remediation, recommend and track corresponding actions. Cooperate at the resolution of critical audit findings.
- Proactive collaboration with other information security units of GS.
- Ensure daily operational duties relating to security management in compliance with relevant policies and industry best practices, potentially including weekend work and on-call duties. Deliver a first-class level of service at all times.
- Develop Information Security Guidelines, Processes and Procedures, Baselines in line with DBG Policies and Standards and international standards of quality management.
- A degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline or at least five years’ relevant experience in a large-scale online technical operations environment
- Preferably 4-10 years of proven professional experience for Penetration test, IT Vulnerability and Compliance Management, proven work experience with system hardening including its configuration and administration.
- Good knowledge of OWASP
- Very good understanding of Infrastructure, Platform and Application security concepts & threats (Network Infrastructure, Operating Systems, Database, Middleware and Web applications hardening measures).
- Good knowledge of Network Infrastructure (Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, F5, etc.), Operating Systems (Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS, etc.), Database (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, DB2, etc.), Middleware and Web applications (Apache QPID, RedHat JBoss AM-Q, IBM WebSphere MQ, RedHat JBoss EAP, Oracle WebLogic, WebSphere Application Server, etc.).
- Ability to quickly understand new threats and technical concepts.
- Recommend appropriate controls to maintain confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems/services and to fulfil the requirements of regulators
- Proven work experience with operational duties relating to security management in compliance with relevant policies and industry best practices and a proven documentation methodology.
- Basic knowledge of Office365 suite
- Security-related certification (CCSP, CISSP, CASP, Security+, GSEC or equivalent) or willing to acquire one major certification within one (or two) years
- Awareness of ISO 27001
- Professional experience in the information security area
- Well-founded specialist knowledge (several years of professional experience, senior level) in the field of IT security
- OSCP or OSCE certification
- Good ITIL knowledge (ITIL certification)
- Several years of experience in vulnerability management
- Experience with System security tools / solutions (HIDS, AquaSec, Rapid7 Nexpose…)
- Effective organizational skills to maintain a consistently high standard of operations in a business-critical financial environment
- Ability to quickly understand new threats and technical concepts
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Very good communication skills in in written and spoken English (German is a plus).
- Being a team player, who is used to work in international environment, ability to work in an dynamic and agile teams.
- Flexible, independent and self-motivated
- Ability to meet challenging project deadlines and deliver in a fast moving and change oriented environment
- Sense for detail and for picking the right solution while keeping in mind the business constraints
- Fast self-learning and understanding of current environment
- Demonstrate passion and motivation for information security and a desire to learn
- Ambitious to deliver high quality results
- Programming and scripting skills is a plus
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.