Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Cyber Security Database (DAM) Engineer - Group Security (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
As part of the Cyber Protection – Detect & Prevent unit, you will be working in a team of engineers distributed between three locations, Eschborn, Luxembourg and Prague. Your time will be dedicated in managing and supporting the security toolsets related to Database Activity Monitoring (DAM). In addition to DAM, the team provides top-level service for malware detection, Security Information Event Management (SIEM), Host/Network Intrusion (IDS/IPS), and Web Application Firewall (WAF).
- Plan the rollout of the security toolsets related to Database Activity Monitoring
- Managing monitoring policies to ensure they are effective and meet business requirements
- Advising projects and application owners on logging policy and taking them through the on-boarding process
- Documentation, tracking, monitoring, reporting and notification to stakeholders and escalation are central parts of the service delivery
- Performing complex tuning and revalidation tasks for existing threat monitoring rules to adjust to emerging threats
- Enhancing and developing the database monitoring tools to ensure regulatory compliance
- University degree in IT, business informatics, or comparable education
- Database and database security knowledge, ideally with Imperva Database Activity Monitoring
- Experience with programming and scripting languages, preferably SQL, Python and Bash
- Knowledge in a combination of the following: SIEM (Splunk), use case development, IT build and configuration, SDLC and/or ITIL
- Experience in configuring any IT toolset
- Ability to firmly present complex topics in an understandable manner to a technical and a non-technical audience
- Experience as a DBA or Application Support Analyst (highly desirable)
- Identifying current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities and threats
- Experience with public cloud platforms, e.g. GCP (preferred), Azure
- Conducting proactive research to analyze security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, same in German is a plus
- Additionally, you need to be a team player with good communication skills, highly motivated and flexible.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.
Ninwe Gourie – Campus Recruiting
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Campus Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.