Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Cyber Security Defence Manager (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
The Group Security department directly contributes to execution of the Deutsche Börse Group information security strategy. As a central service provider for the Group entities, Group Security is responsible to protect information assets in terms of safety, integrity, confidentiality, authenticity and availability by enforcing information security controls based on the relevant regulatory requirements and follows the international standard ISO/IEC 27000-series on the Information Security Management System.
Field of activity
In your new position, you will become the head of the cyber defence section and member of the Group Security (GS) Department in Eschborn. The Group Security team is responsible for the information security of the Deutsche Börse Group including its subsidiaries cross the globe. It works in close collaboration with the IT teams in the various legal entities, Risk, Compliance and the CISO function as a 2nd line. Physical Security is as well part of Group Security beside Information Security. GS sets the strategy and direction on protection of the Group as well as detection, response and identity access management. A strong governance function ensures consistent information security risk management including 3rd party suppliers.
In the advertised position, you will be focused on Computer Emergency Response, SOC and Threat Analytics in the capacity as a Head of Section.
- Leadership and management of the CERT team for hiring and developing team personnel, workload assignment, and process development
- Define, scope and drive security initiatives to ensure compliance with regulations and the IS framework
- Take ownership and lead the development and maturity of the CERT and relations with other IS teams
- Operate and further develop the IS incident response process by involving all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with 2nd and 3rd line of defence teams to help assist in assessments and implement security controls when needed
- Manage information security incidents by leading and coordinating investigations with stakeholders and documenting incident reports.
- Recommend security measures to address cyber threats identified, e.g. defining SIEM use-cases.
- Communicate zero-day threats and vulnerabilities to the relevant IT teams for prompt action e.g. patching
- Orchestrate threat hunting exercises
- Help to improve the CERT process excellence by maintaining information security documentation
- Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree in Engineering, IT or Business Administration
- University or comparable degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Engineering or related discipline
- IT experience with 5+ years in an information security role
- Previous experience inleading a CERT or SOC team considered a strong benefit
- Broad knowledge of IT and Information Security technologies, e.g. SIEM, threat intelligence, networks, operating systems, databases and applications
- Solid understanding of threats, vulnerabilities, and security controls
- Deliverable-oriented, with strong problem-solving skills
- Team player willing to cooperate with multiple colleagues across multiple office geo-locations
- Good report-writing skills to present the findings of investigations
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, German would be beneficial
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.