Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Data Center Engineer (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Core Infrastructure has the responsibility for the setup and operation of Networks, Connectivity, Virtualization and Data Center infrastructures for Deutsche Börse Group. We operate out of Frankfurt, Luxembourg, Prague, Chicago and Zürich.
We are looking for a Data Center Engineer for our Data Center Management team. In this role, you will oversee all activities and processes related to data center management, including, but not limited to, service requests fulfillment, asset management, logistics, as well as provider management. To ensure compliance with the stringent requirements of the regulated financial industry, the team adheres to relevant standards and norms and supports audit activities. This role requires a strong focus on getting things done, as well as flexibility and willingness to work outside of business hours. The candidate will be willing to travel between our data centers in Frankfurt and occasionally support work in international data centers and offices.
- Manage and perform data center activities and related processes, support the planning of data center resources and capacity.
- Coordinate and perform IT equipment installations, moves, changes and removals in data centers with service providers, DC operators and internal customers; maintain data center documentation accordingly.
- Coordinate and perform cabling activities in data centers and in office buildings.
- Support the continuous improvement of service delivery quality through efficient processes and procedures.
- Support troubleshooting activities.
- Ensure compliance by strictly adhering to defined processes and procedures, support internal and external audit activities.
- Participate to 24/7 on-call rotation and to support activities outside of critical business hours.
- IT education or relevant and proven experience in data centers management.
- Solid knowledge of the infrastructure used in modern data center environments.
- Experience working with networking and computing hardware as well as connectivity.
- Expertise in cabling standards, best practices, cables and terminations types.
- Experience in performing and improving data center related management processes and procedures.
- Experience in performing and coordinating work in highly available and business critical data center environments.
- Sound knowledge of a data center management tool, ideally FNT Command. Knowledge of Jira.
- Solid MS Office skills.
- Strong team player, ability to communicate with providers, operators, vendors and customers.
- High level of integrity and discretion.
- Highly organized and meticulous, highly committed to quality. High self-responsibility and ownership.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, German would be considered as an asset.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.
Ninwe Gourie – Campus Recruiting
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Campus Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.