Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Data Engineer (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Our development team at the Eschborn site is looking for reinforcement to meet the high demands on our Cloud dissemination platforms, as well as our analytics systems.
Deutsche Börse’s A7 analytics platform offers direct access to order-by-order historical and intraday market data from Eurex and Xetra, via the Cloud. Clients gain direct access to flexible analytical tools which allows them to gain advanced market insights and alter their own trading strategies accordingly.
In a highly diverse environment (from On-prem to Cloud), you will support and advance all processes of market data distribution from the conception to implementation, product test to deployment, as well as the operational business. You will be joining a team, which is highly motivated to provide the best service to the market, staying on top of advancing technology to do so.
- Creating concepts and integration of data interfaces for processing data streams and development of data models for new products
- Adaption of various data sources (for market data) and calculation of key figures (real-time analytics) based on real-time, near-time and batch processing
- Design and development of scalable backend solution for big-data applications
- Continuous enhancement of the data platform and their interface (API)
- Automation of test cases for the existing and new functions
- Integration of the services in Google Cloud (GCP) landscape
- University degree in information technology, Mathematics, Physics
- Profound knowledge of computer systems, software architectures, data structures, automation, and programming
- At least 5 years of experience in software development preferably in financial area
- Good knowledge of programming languages C++ and Python (inc. Pandas, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge of cloud technology and experience with cloud platform GCP (inc. services, like BigQuery, Dataflow or Pub/Sub)
- Knowledge of container-based solutions like Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience in data processing and tools, like Spark, Kafka, Airflow, Cassandra, Elastic Search, Beam, Flink, Presto, SQL/NoSQL, etc.
- Experience with batch and stream processing and with data formats, like Avro, Parquet, ORC or GPB
- Knowledge of devops methodology and tools (Jira, GitHub, Artifactory, Pipelines)
- Knowledge of data visualization and analysis-tools, like Tableau, Jupyter, Zeppelin
- Good language skills English. German is an advantage.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.
Ninwe Gourie – Campus Recruiting
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Campus Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.