Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Data Engineer for IT Security (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
In your new position, you will become a member of the Cyber Defense team, part of Group Security in Frankfurt. Cyber Defense team is responsible for all aspects of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Computer Emergency Response (CERT), and Security Operations Center (SOC). In order to fully protect the information assets of DBG, Cyber Defense is aiming to achieve a proactive detection of threats and improve monitoring of DBG information assets to protect them from cyber-attacks effectively, dealing with implementation and maintenance a state-of-the-art SIEM/SOC tooling, architecture and use cases content in order to support establishing Cyber Defense as a center of excellence for threat intelligence.
In the advertised position, you will be focused on the analyzing and modelling security-related data, programming algorithms within the SIEM platform related activities with focus on the IS domains Security Incident Management, Alert & Log monitoring, Cyberthreat & Vulnerability management.
Beside that you will support various Information Security related projects ensuring robustness and the state-of-the-art solutions following the regulatory requirements and the best industry practices.
- Develop and maintain state-of-the-art data models and algorithms based on threat scenarios and methodologies to achieve full visibility of potential threats to DBG arising from social media and internet
- Design, develop and maintain SIEM related use cases across a complex technology stack of DBG, required to timely detect and mitigate attacks and malicious activities using Splunk ES and other security platforms
- Optimize technology stack used in Cyber Defense to proactively detect threats through usage of threat intelligence and threat hunting techniques
- Support automation of SIEM workflows using Splunk ant other technologies
- Work with subject matter experts across the Group to transform the maturity of the SIEM/SOC to an industry-leading organization
- Support research projects, e.g., exploring of new cyber scenarios in emerging technologies like containers, cloud, etc.
- University or comparable degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Engineering, or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in a Splunk (or similar) platform environment, implementing use-cases and data models
- Solid technical background and practical knowledge in machine learning, databases, Python and other PLs, ETL & security engineering
- Good knowledge and understanding of Cyber Security technologies, processes, and methodologies (e.g., SIEM, SOAR, IDS/IPS, threat analysis, incident response, forensics analysis, Kill Chain, MITRE ATT&CK)
- Excellent analytical skills, creativity, critical thinking, ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; French and/or German is an asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Campus Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.