Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Data Governance Officer (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Deutsche Börse Group is strengthening its position as leader in creating the marketplace of the future. The CIO/COO/Chief Technology Officer area of Deutsche Börse Group is responsible for ensuring an effective alignment between Business and Technology Strategy whilst enabling Deutsche Börse Group to execute new Technology Opportunities. As Data Governance Officer you are responsible to ensure that data is managed as a corporate asset. You offer dedicated operational support for leadership and staff across all segments. You define and govern group-wide Data Management standards and best practices to ensure seamless flow of data across the DBG organisation of DBG.
To strengthen the team, we are looking for an experienced Data Governance Officer (f/m/d) to take responsibility in an interesting and dynamic international environment.
- Define and maintain group wide DMG TOM, including policies, standards, processes and templates
- aintains a framework for defining data entities. This ensures that data terminologies, attributes, and relations are standardised, reducing ambiguity & inconsistencies across DBG
- Ensures group wide compliance to the DMG standards, monitors progress via KPIs
- Support data domains, ensuring they operate within governance boundaries by providing guidance on best practices and processes
- Ensures that published data products are using the standardized metadata templates and are discoverable, accessible and interoperable
- Oversees and coordinates data governance activities across the DBG
- Drives workshops (Data Governance Council) with data domain stakeholders (Data Owners) for keeping them informed on latest DMG framework
- Responsible for reporting the overall DMG progress to data domain stakeholders from IT, business in committees
- Maintains the DBG Data Domain model, i.e., an organised inventory of data assets, ensuring they adhere to governance standards and are easily accessible within the data mesh framework
- Is responsible for maintenance of terminology and mapping with metadata in the Business Glossary of Enterprise Data Catalog tool
- Bachelor’s degree in the computer science, or engineering field. Master’s degree (expected graduation in Jan - Feb 2024)
- 1.5 - 2 years of working experience in IT field
- Strong analytical, data modelling and data architecture skills
- Experience with implementing data management and governance frameworks
- Good knowledge on concepts like Business Glossary, data lineage, data classification, data quality and profiling
- Good knowledge on databases and cloud services (azure and google)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, fluent in English. German (A2)
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.