Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Data Platform Engineer (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
Big Data & Advanced Analytics provides data platform and services to enable the development of data science, analytics by the businesses across the value chain served by Deutsche Börse Group. We standardize and automate processes with modern technologies and frameworks.
As part of our cloud migration and digital transformation journey, we are looking for an experienced and passionate Data Platform Engineer with a diverse range of skills who brings fresh and innovative ideas and enjoys designing and building big data solutions with positive attitude.
In this role you will join a growing and diverse big data experts to cover topics ranging from defining the overall big data architecture including cloud services evaluation, platform design and configuration, and ETL/ELT deployment to support the implementation of business use cases in the big data and data science fields in one of the biggest exchanges in the world.
- Define the migration steps of solutions from legacy systems to cloud Lakehouse
- Evaluate different cloud services to build out open format data layers
- Ensure the data platform is operational, secure, scalable, and reliable
- Contribute to define Data Mesh paradigm with different data domains
- Collaborate with data scientists, analysts, and other stakeholders to understand their data needs and provide solutions
- Write and maintain technical documentation and perform tasks in Agile methodology
- Hands on experience with cloud native big data technologies, GCP/Azure
- Ability to design and implement engineering solutions for business opportunities
- Knowledge of data management, monitoring, security, and privacy
- Experience in building data pipelines such as Data Factory, Apache Beam, or Apache Airflow
- Familiarity with at least one data platforms and processing frameworks such as Kafka, Spark, Flink; Delta Lake and Databricks is a big plus
- Demonstrated experience in one or more programming languages, preferably Python
- Knowledge in CI/CD tools such as GitHub Actions is a plus
- Strong team player willing to cooperate with colleagues across office locations and functions
- Fluency in English
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Campus Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.