Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Data Protection Advisor (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Branch Prague • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
For organisational reasons, Group Data Protection and its Data Protection Officers are part of Group Compliance, but legally directly subordinated to the Executive Board respectively senior management with a direct reporting obligation. The Data Protection adviser supports the Data Protection Officer and Chief Privacy Officer in the performance of their obligations.
Group Data Protection is responsible for defining the group-wide data protection policy, supports their uniform application within the group entities and provides centralised services to advise and control adherence to national and international data protection laws and regulatory requirements in partnership with other group control functions and the Management.
Located in Prague, you will report to the Head of Group Data Protection/ Chief Privacy Officer in Eschborn / Germany. Your task is to ensure strengthening Group Data Protection advisory and control at the Deutsche Börse Group Prague Branch and across the business areas of Deutsche Börse Group as one component of a broader GDPR-based Group approach towards Data Protection.
You will be the central point of contact for the relevant data subjects and competent data protection authority in Czech Republic, jointly with your Group data protection officer/ advisor colleagues.
- You take responsibility for advising and monitoring Data Protection compliance as Data Protection contact point for Deutsche Börse Group IT projects, IT development and technology matters
- You will contribute to the further development of the common data protection approach towards data protection by design and default considering your area of expertise and business as part of the DBG Data Protection team
- In this role, you will be jointly leading the planning and execution of staff trainings, performance of data protection checks and controls
- You will support DBG business areas as second line of control in the performance of data protection impact assessments, the maintenance of record of processing activities and processes due to applicable financial regulation
- You contribute to drafting staff information, maintaining Group internal Data Protection Information platforms and internal development of peers and colleagues
- You have completed your university degree in IT, STEM discipline, law or similar disciplines and information security and data protection has been demonstrable an area of your interest, supported by an acknowledged IT security, data protection or similar IT / Audit Compliance certificate (e.g. CIPP/E, CIPPE, CISA, CISP, CISSP)
- You have at least 3 years of relevant professional experience
- You have profound knowledge of IT security, IT processes governance and European data protection regulation (additionally, knowledge of other data protection regulation and IT standards will be assets) and the ability to impart your knowledge to the relevant recipient
- You have strong organizational skills to ensure accurate and complete documentation of decision-making and projects
- You understand business coherences, best already related to financial services, combined with knowledge and curiosity to understand and improve the underlying IT processes and their potential impact on privacy interests.
- Strong individual initiative, high level commitment and motivation, negotiation talent, assertiveness, mediating conversational approach together with confident and persuading appearance (also on a board level)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, additional German language skills are an asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.