Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Data Protection Officer / Advisor (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
For organisational reasons, Group Data Protection is part of Group Compliance department, but legally directly subordinated to the Executive Board respectively senior management with a direct reporting obligation; it works closely together with the individual business units and group control functions to ensure compliance with national and international data protection laws and regulations applicable and its business activities.
Group Data Protection is responsible for defining the group-wide data protection policy, supports their uniform application within the group entities and provides centralised services to advise and control adherence to data protection related legal and regulatory requirements in partnership with other second line of control functions and the Management.
Located in Luxembourg, you will report to the Head of Group Data Protection/ Chief Privacy Officer in Eschborn / Germany. Your task is to ensure strengthening Group Data Protection advisory and control across the business areas of Clearstream legal entities related to investment funds services as one component of a broader GDPR-based Group approach towards Data Protection.
You will be appointed as the official data protection officer for these Clearstream entities, be the central point of contact for the relevant data subjects and competent data protection authorities, primarily in Luxembourg and Ireland, and execute data protection officer tasks jointly with your Group data protection officer/ advisor colleagues.
- You take responsibility for advising and monitoring Data Protection compliance as appointed data protection officer within Clearstream
- You will contribute to the further development of the common data protection approach considering your area of expertise and business as part of the DBG Data Protection team.
- In this role, you will be jointly leading the planning and execution of staff trainings, performance of data protection checks and controls.
- You will support DBG business areas as second line of control in the performance of data protection impact assessments, the maintenance of record of processing activities and processes due to applicable financial regulation.
- You contribute to drafting staff information, maintaining Group internal Data Protection Information platforms and internal development of peers and colleagues
- As appointed data protection officer for Clearstream legal entities, you will be contact point for the Luxembourg, Irish and potentially Swiss Data Protection Authority
- You have completed your university degree in law, IT or similar disciplines and data protection has been demonstrable an area of your interest, supported by an acknowledged data protection (CIPM, CIPP/E) or similar Audit Compliance certificate
- You have at least 4 years of relevant professional experience in the area of data protection as a Data Protection Officer, public servant, legal counsel or consultant in data protection projects
- You have profound knowledge of European Data Protection Regulation (additionally, Luxembourg, Irish or Swiss local data protection regulation and practice will be an asset) and the ability to impart your knowledge adequately to the relevant recipient groups (peers, employees, customers, management, data subjects and public bodies)
- You understand business coherences, best already related to financial services and funds business, combined with knowledge and curiosity to understand underlying IT processes and their potential impact on privacy interests.
- Strong individual initiative, high level commitment and motivation, negotiation talent, assertiveness, mediating conversational approach together with confident and persuading appearance (also on a board level) and willingness to travel occasionally (in particular to the group affiliates in Ireland and Switzerland and the holding in Germany).
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and French, additional at least written German language skills are an asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Complementary health insurance
Your well-being and that of your family is important to us! We offer an optional supplementary healthcare scheme that complements your health insurance with the possibility to enrole family members, as well.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Benefit from tax optimisation: we offer you an interest subsidy on mortgage loans to optimise the tax on your premiums.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We support you in staying fit! We subsidise 6-month or annual memberships for the fitness or sports club of your choice.