Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Data Scientist (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking AG • Frankfurt am Main, Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main, Luxembourg
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
As a Data Scientist (f/m/d) you will work in the Data Management team on the development of data products such as analytical solutions, dashboards and reports using python and BI Tools, and the establishment of the data management and governance practices in Clearstream. You will work in the product team and significantly contribute to the delivery of Clearstream data strategy.
- You will lead the delivery of data-driven solutions while working with different business and technology stakeholders across various business functions at Clearstream.
- You will represent the business teams’ perspective for establishing data management and governance practices in Clearstream and the creation of data glossary and data inventory.
- You will use data visualization and business intelligence (BI) tools to build dashboards/reports/analytical solutions to meet business requirements as well as reports to gain business insights.
- You will work with various data sources, including big data tools (e.g. Azure Databricks) and cloud technologies, to create datasets from multiple data sources and build data pipelines to be used in the final product
- You will perform data cleansing, wrangling, aggregation, and transformation as well as data interpretation and analysis using statistical techniques.
- You will be working on data mining and machine learning projects to identify patterns and create forecasts to predict future behaviours.
- You have successfully completed a university degree in the field of Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Business Administration, Information Technology, Management or another relevant quantitative field.
- You are comfortable working with data and have practical experience with quantitative data analysis & visualization, BI tools (e.g. PowerBI), SQL queries and data pipelines. Good programming knowledge (ideally in python and pyspark) and a solid understanding of machine learning techniques is preferred. Experience working with big data tools is a plus.
- You have good business sense and are capable of thinking holistically about how insights and deliverables feed into the wider business strategy. You have the ability to quickly understand technical information, derive insights, build solutions and work independently and responsibly with attention to detail.
- You are an effective communicator with an ability to find stories in the insights and data and explain them to diverse audiences. A creative, curious and analytical mind able to layout facts and figures to tell a clear story.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
- Experience working with financial data is preferred and experience of working in an agile environment is a plus.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Complementary health insurance
Your well-being and that of your family is important to us! We offer an optional supplementary healthcare scheme that complements your health insurance with the possibility to enrole family members, as well.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Benefit from tax optimisation: we offer you an interest subsidy on mortgage loans to optimise the tax on your premiums.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We support you in staying fit! We subsidise 6-month or annual memberships for the fitness or sports club of your choice.