Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Data Steward (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services Branch Prague • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
As a Data steward (f/m/d) you will work in the Data Product Management team on the implementation of Data Management & Governance framework for Clearstream.
- You will work on the implementation of the Data Management & Governance (DMG) framework for Clearstream as a Business Data Steward, starting with the Clearstream data lake and progressing to cover multiple data sources at Clearstream.
- You will work closely with business stakeholders to create Business Glossary with business-specific terminology and connect business definitions with technical data objects, and with IT Data Stewards on the implementation of the Data Catalogue with technical, business and operational metadata, data lineage, data profiling and risk reporting on data accuracy, integrity and completeness.
- You will define and monitor KPIs for glossary and lineage implementation and maintenance as well as define and implement automated ways to manage and update metadata information in the Data Catalogue and Business Glossary.
- You will report on the progress of the DMG project and major milestones through summary reports, updates, minutes, and issue/risk tracking, communicate with multiple stakeholders (product, operations, client services, IT teams) and coordinate data governance activities (e.g., workshops) with different internal teams. You will prepare and present materials at the Data Owner Council and DMG Steering Committee.
- You will support data owners in defining and implementing DMG for their data domain, facilitate discussion to address conflicting viewpoints (e.g., resolve conflicting data ownership issues), and be responsible for the day-to-day data stewardship business function.
- You will be responsible for identifying and resolving different data issues to ensure high levels of data quality, integrity, privacy, availability, security and usability and adherence to corporate policies and procedures and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- You will liaise with the central DMG team from Deutsche Boerse Group to ensure alignment and follow recommended best practices group-wide, and act as the subject matter expert for DMG and its implementation within Clearstream.
- You have an analytical and creative mindset, good business sense, problem-solving skills, attention to detail and the ability to quickly understand business requirements and translate them into technical terms. You are able to exercise independent judgement to identify and resolve problems and manage multiple issues simultaneously.
- You have excellent writing skills, with the ability to create clear requirements, specifications and documentation. You possess strong written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and proficiency in written and spoken English.
- You have a solid understanding of enterprise data management concepts, principles and practices, including data lifecycle management, data modelling, metadata management, data architecture principles and data quality management as well as of business audits and requirements gathering.
- A good understanding of data cataloguing and data mapping, databases and data structures, data models and data domains as well as data governance standards is important. Experience with data management and governance in traditional, big data and/or cloud-based data lake environments is desirable.
- Knowledge of BCBS239 principles and industry adherence practices and an understanding of risk management frameworks is desirable.
- Experience in business analysis interfacing between business stakeholders and IT as well as experience working with cross-functional teams, e.g., business, technology, finance, legal, compliance, etc, is a plus.
- Experience working in the financial services industry is preferred.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.