Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Database Administrator (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Welcome to the DBA role at our dynamic and innovative organization! We are looking for a skilled and experienced DBA who can take our databases to the next level.
Corporate IT of Deutsche Börse Group is in charge for end user workplace experience, voice & communication, application development and operations for all group processes such as Financial Core, Customer Care, Control & Corporate Processes, as well as Deutsche Börse Group’s Reference Data Platform. We also develop and operate our Enterprise Analytics and Digital Boardroom which are the core of sharing and measuring our group’s success.
Our mission is simple – Make IT Run!
We are passionate in running our existing IT landscape and exploring every day what makes DBG as a company, and thus all of our colleagues, run better – simplify and automate processes, use modern technology and devices, and make collaboration fun. We are driven by user experience, performance, stable operations, and a high degree of Information Security and Compliance.
As part of the Database Administration team within Linux Infrastructure Operations, your responsibilities will be the operation and development of the Corporate IT system landscape – physical and virtual, on premise and in the cloud.
Our team is seeking an experienced, self-motivated individual with a sprinkle of PostgreSQL experience who will join us in maintaining operational stability, optimizing automation and who is eager to move forward in adapting to new technology, approaches and methodologies (e.g. SRE, K8S, cloud…).
- Manage and maintain Oracle and PostgreSQL databases on RedHat Linux
- Performing backups, restores, and recovery procedures as needed
- Maintain and ensure high-availability of the databases
- Continuous improvement of standardization and automation of database configuration (Git, Ansible, Artifactory)
- Support configuration of the databases monitoring
- System lifecycle management. Implement changes, apply new patches and versions according to patching calendar or when required.
- Implementing and maintaining mandatory security measures to protect the databases
- Close cooperation with system administrators who are members of our team
- Collaborate with other teams to implement infrastructure changes and upgrades
- Operation includes early shift (7:00 - 15:00) and on-call duty distributed among the team (an average of 1-2 shifts incl. on-call duty per month expected).
- 3+ years’ experience in Database Administration in a highly critical environment
- Expertise in Oracle and/or PostgreSQL database (installation, monitoring, maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting, etc.)
- Good knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: Git, Ansible, Docker, Azure Cloud, GCP, Scripting (bash, python, YAML, JSON,…).
- Willingness to take over responsibility and self-motivate.
- A passion for staying current with the latest technologies and trends in the database field
- Good communication and collaboration skills, as well as the ability to work well in a team environment
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
If you're a self-starter with a passion for technology and a can-do attitude, we'd love to hear from you! Apply today and let's explore how we can work together to achieve greatness!
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.