Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Database Specialist / Administrator (Investment Funds Application) (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Prague
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
We are looking for a Database Specialist / Administrator to join the IFS team. The team is in charge of the Deutsche Börse order routing platform for Investment Funds. Our systems run on regularly upgraded, up to date versions of Oracle Database servers.
Team members should possess and demonstrate the following technical skills and qualification:
- Experience in database support in mission critical environments with appropriate certification
- Unix/Linux Shell scripting skills
- Knowledge in database tuning, Oracle 18c-19c, EM Grid Control, PL/SQL, Devops tool knowledge (Jenkins, Jira,GitHub Docker, …)
- University degree in an IT related discipline or equivalent through relevant work experience
- An interest in financial world (Mutual / Hedge Funds) is appreciated
- Review DDL changes proposed by application Dev teams to validate & design these requests
- Prepare DDL changes in versioning tool
- Create EPRs (Element Promotion Requests) for release package delivery requests (project) or production fixes
- Prepare development empty databases (production like) and provide docker image.
- Apply and validate EPR-DDL (DBA part).
- Maintain compliance with regulatory and auditing rules
- Provide recommendations on feature usage and describe allowed configurations
- Define database strategy for optimal performance/maintenance
- Administration of Oracle databases in testing and development environments.
- Pro-actively monitor testing environments and correct any issue to avoid later occurrence in production.
- Technical and Functional Support for development and testing teams.
- DB Performance tuning in production and test environments.
- Support installation in testing and production environment (investigate issues, correct and modify cutover accordingly).
- DB migrations preparation and validation in testing and development environments
- SPOC DBA for test/dev execution teams
- Provide On-site / On-call support to testing and production teams if needed
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 50 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Top up your pension! We provide you a contribution to the pension fund which is meant to build up additional retirement savings for you.
Your work-life balance is important! We offer you our MultiSport Card which you can use for various sport and wellness activities.