Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Default Management - Bond (Repo) Specialist (f/m/d)
EUREX Clearing AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
Eurex Clearing’s Risk Management department is responsible for the strategic development of the risk management framework of the clearing house. As a Default Manager within the CCP Risk Management department you are mainly responsible developing and executing the procedures for the hedging and liquidation of repo exposures, outright positions in bonds and other margin collateral during a member default.
In addition, this role's task is to ensure the resilience of the clearing house by developing state of the art risk management concepts for all products and services offered by Eurex Clearing AG. Your focus will be on instruments eligible for Eurex Repo Markets and margin collateral.
- Develop and improve state of the art default- and risk management enabling Eurex Clearing to constantly monitor and analyse the risk and default management strategies of repo transactions, underlying bond collateral as well as margin collateral
- Execute the default management process for repo transactions and bond portfolios in case of a member default and in context of regular drills
- Communicate directly with senior traders of exchange participants and clearing members during fire drills, liquidity surveys and areas that require market expertise
- Create positive impact with market expertise and default management know how in the development of concentration risk model
- Support senior management and the team with in-depth risk analyses of members’ bond exposures from repo transactions and margin collateral as well as market expertise
- Represent CCP Risk Management towards customers, regulators, associations and trading venues
- Support strategic projects, the implementation of risk concepts and ensure Default Management readiness
- Higher education degree in a financial or quantitative discipline
- Highly motivated team player with a willingness to perform in critical situations
- At least 4 years of professional experience in an area that demonstrated market expertise in bonds
- Knowledge of fixed income markets, of clearing and risk management
- Knowledge of settlement procedures is a plus
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Excellent command of MS-Office, experience with SQL and Python
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.