Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Developer - Data platforms (f/m/d)
Deutsche Boerse Systems, Inc. • Chicago
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
StatistiX® is the Data Platform of Deutsche Börse Group. StatistiX® provides external and internal users worldwide with statistical information on financial markets, offers Data Store Services and acts as Analytical platform for core areas of Stock exchange like Trading, Clearing and Risk Management of Deutsche Börse Group. You will part of a dynamic, committed, high performance team to deliver the business need in solid, efficient and timely manner. If you strive to take ownership and develop creative solutions, are fascinated by technology, and like to work in a challenging and lively environment – then you are exactly the person we are looking for.
- Design, Develop, test and deploy Spark solutions and build the frameworks consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value.
- Participate in all stages of the software lifecycle (design, implementation, test and production support) and ensure high quality and security standards
- A self-starter that enjoys working in a small, rapidly changing, fast paced environment
- Contribute to the transformation of legacy applications into a modern hybrid cloud-based data platform architecture
- Ability to work under pressure, accept new challenges and take over responsibility. Also provide consulting and solution options on application issues encountered by end users
- To be able to lead the team of software developers & testers and analyst as required.
- Willingness to learn new functionality as well as technology to be bring the team to next level.
- Experience in developing Spark applications using Scala / Java.
- Experience in developing with cloud native architecture particularly with GCP or equivalent.
- Knowledge and / or Experience with Docker and related container technologies like openShift / Kubernetes / GKE
- Have good knowledge on API design
- Knowledge and / or experience in Kafka and AMQP would be added advantage
- Solid understanding of Data Lake and Operational Data store is needed.
- Strong influential and communication skills to liaise with team across different demographics
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is a must and German know-how will be added advantage.
- University degree in Computer Science or similar, technical subject
- Preferably 3 or more years of relevant professional experience
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.
Ninwe Gourie – Campus Recruiting
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Campus Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.