Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
DevOps Engineer - Energy IT (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
Your responsibility within the Energy IT product team will include the daily operation (monitoring, deployment, technical administration) of our applications, middleware and related systems both on cloud & on-premise. Your long term initiatives will focus on the improvement of our infrastructure architecture and automation systems with aim to improve product operability and reliability.
As a DevOps evangelist and core product team member, you will automate and enhance process and procedures within this field of responsibility using state-of-the-art instrumentation thereby ensuring stable and consistent production environments. You will be encouraged to propose new methods for operations demonstrating new technological advancements and their benefits to our product. You will be a key operations stakeholder, representing the needs of your product’s operability, sustainability, and performance.
In our Energy product team, we strive to keep up a mentality of continuous improvement with technology-driven people that see themselves as a key part of the decision making process – reshaping and improving the future of our product.
- Full stack responsibility of Energy infrastructure and applications including troubleshooting.
- Maintain, operate and evaluate feedback from infrastructure and application monitoring systems (via Ansible/Terraform/AWS) including their capacity and performance management
- Deployment and support of internally developed applications as well as third party software within the production environment.
- Systems administration of Application hosts: upgrading, patching and tuning, capacity and performance management.
- Continuous improvement and automation of operational processes and delivery systems
- Contribute to evaluation and development of new initiatives in the devops area, including various Automation projects/containerization/cloudification/serverless projects
- Operational duties include production support shift duty and on-call shifts distributed among the team (and average of one one-week shift and one one-week on-call duty per month might be expected)
Minimum Qualifications/required skills
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent OR:
- 3+ years’ prior experience technical operations of highly critical environments
- Expertise in RedHat Enterprise Linux (installation, system monitoring and maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting, etc.)
- Experience in web & application servers / proxy (Apache, Tomcat, HAProxy)
- Experience with automation, software deployment and orchestration technologies (most relevant being: Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, etcd, Git, GitHub)
- Be able to take responsibility and deliver results under time pressure.
- Be able to learn and fail fast.
Additionally Desired Skills
- Experience in ELK, TICK stack
- Good knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: AWS, Azure, Kafka, Consul, LDAP, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL,
- Understanding and/or experience with DevOps and SRE.
- Experience with one or more of the following languages Python/Go/Java
- Understanding of Serverless, Microservices architecture.
- Experience in continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis).
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.