Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
DevOps Engineer - Issuance IT (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
“Issuance” is the team of Clearstream that offers innovative services to its customers for the issuance of financial securities such as shares, warrants and funds. In other words – without the Issuance services, there would be nothing to trade on the German financial market! The Issuance IT Team develops the next-generation software that enables your business colleagues and customers to boost volume and processing efficiency, i.e. increase revenue and decrease operation costs.
As a DevOps Engineer you will become a member of our growing team of IT experts and will contribute to the creation of the issuance platform for electronic securities and its integration into the existing landscape of Clearstream. You will get a chance to use your expertise, to cooperate with and learn from experienced colleagues as well as follow different routes to embed new processes and block-chain related technologies into the company landscape.
- Communicate and coordinate the deployments with infrastructure, development and testing teams
- Maintenance of the pipelines
- Inclusion of the different scanning and monitoring tools (violation reporting and coordination with dev teams)
- Updates of configuration along with sw. changes and inline with the available infrastructure
- Long-term unification of the build and deployment processes of different components
- Cooperation with Prod Ops team
- Monitoring and trouble-shooting of the pipelines as well as the non-production environments in cooperation with infrastructure and the dev teams
- Stay open-minded and understand the broad context impacting the applications and their testing
- Hands-on professional experience with shell and operating applications in Kubernetes/Openshift
- Experience with Git (Github) alternatively Mercurial or other distributed SCM system
- Previous experience with Jenkins, ArgoCD (alternatively GithubActions, Teamcity)
- Highly analytical mind-set – You are able to actively listen and quickly understand arguments and goals of different people
- Excellent communication skills – You explain the IT topics in a manner understandable to people without an IT background. You do not hesitate to ask questions, express your doubts or kindly challenge ideas during discussions. You have no problem to admit and accept mistakes.
- High degree of self-dependence – You are self-motivated, looking for opportunities to improve things or your own skills constantly. You take responsibility and are motivated to deliver.
- Team player – You are able to work with people of different backgrounds and personalities, You are happy to help and share your expertise. You appreciate the skills of others and ask for opinion or review easily.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills (German, French, Luxembourgish, or Czech is a plus)
- Holder of a University degree preferably in IT, Maths, Physics, but any other degree will be considered
- Previous experience in the financial sector
- Professional experience with environment provisioning in the cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with SQL or no-SQL database
- Support of IT systems in a productive use
- Experience with Kafka and related tools
- Knowledge of Kibana (Graylog, Grafana, Influx, Filebeat)
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.