Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Digital Securities Administrator (f/m/d)
Clearstream Operations Prague s.r.o. • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area fo work:
The Prague New Issues team is considered as "gateway to collective safe custody" for Clearstream Banking AG, in its function as securities clearing and deposit bank and German central securities depository. Prague New Issues work closely with authorized financial intermediaries and in this context, the Digital Securities Administrator will be part of a dynamic team of dedicated and experienced people. They will be required to independently handle the eligibility of new digital issues of securities in Clearstream and to guide primary market players in meeting our needs and understanding our requirements. They focus on delivering consistent high-quality services to market participants, focus on reducing risk and are prepared to be challenged. You will also have to deal with lifecycle-event on the security such as: corporate actions, income activities and the reconciliation cycle. As Digital Securities Administrator you help further defining, digitizing, and testing new processes for digital securities in close collaboration with teams from the D7 project.
- Testing, specifying and monitoring the new Clearstream platform for admission of digital securities, setting up securities reference data, the initial booking and publication of the respective admission of Clearstream as CSD to the German Financial Market as well as further on lifecycle management linked to corporate actions, securities administration events and settlement
- Supervise the automated admission for digitally issued securities electronically provided to Clearstream by the issuer or its settlement agent and handle potential exceptions
- Review securities admission documents, admission data and eventually correction of non-eligible securities
- Handling of specific customer queries related to the electronic admission process
- Process all queries independently in a professional and timely manner that arise internally and externally from authorized entities regarding complex structures, which can include eligibility queries linked to compliance, corporate actions, income, tax events, legal, and settlement
- When requested participate or manage the Prague New Issues part of related projects and train/mentor other Digital Securities Administrators to act as a source of reference for internal and external contacts
- Comply with the effective controls, system access in addition to internal policies and procedures
- Independently handle and initiate the update of internal procedures
- Testing on new user interfaces and IT environments as well as support and increase the efficiency of the new system
- Administrate and/or manage the ancillary settlement services for key customers and/or administrative support to the Head of Unit
- Secondary school (University degree is advantage), or comparable qualifications or banking experience
- Good analytical and numerical skills, accuracy, flexibility, excellent organisational and communication skills
- Team player and ability to work independently on complex tasks under deadlines/time pressure
- Ability to adapt to a constant changing environment, systems, and situation highlighting and escalating risks when necessary
- Willing to take responsibility, demonstrate initiative, be proactive and look to continuously learn and develop
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and German
- Competent handling of MS Office applications. Ideally, but not mandatory, already approached digitalization projects in the capital markets area and/or already taken part into operational roles in the capital markets area
- Interested in financial and capital markets and/or good understanding of financial instruments and markets is of advantage
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 50 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Top up your pension! We provide you a contribution to the pension fund which is meant to build up additional retirement savings for you.
Your work-life balance is important! We offer you our MultiSport Card which you can use for various sport and wellness activities.