Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Employee - Governmental Relations & Political Affairs (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Brussels
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
Constituting the key vehicle for interest representation, Government Relations & Political Affairs acts as the gateway to the political and regulatory sphere. Bringing together an international team of experts on legislative and political processes at regional, national, EU and global level, the Section designs and implements DBG's advocacy strategies concerning key regulatory and political issues. Deploying a multitude of instruments, Government Relations & Political Affairs leverages DBG's business strategy by mitigating risks and developing opportunities in the political and regulatory context. The Section provides qualitative and timely information throughout the whole legislative lifecycle to ensure informed engagement, and represents DBG's interests in associations such as the World Federation of Exchanges (WFE), the Federation of European Securities Exchanges (FESE), the European Association of CCP Clearing Houses (EACH), the Global Associations of CCPs (CCP12) and the European Central Securities Depositories Association (ECSDA). Coordinating the group-wide interaction with political and regulatory stakeholders, Government Relations & Political Affairs is steered out of Brussels and stretches across Berlin, Frankfurt and Luxembourg.
The Representative Offices in Berlin and Brussels maintain and establish ongoing relationships on the ground with relevant stakeholders like Ministries, the European Commission or the European Parliament.
- Monitoring of European and international regulatory developments
- Identifying key threats and opportunities for Deutsche Börse Group
- Shaping the political and regulatory positions of the Group
- Supporting the development, implementation and execution of advocacy strategies
- Preparing briefings, background analyses, assessments and political fact-sheets for board-level members
- Representing Deutsche Börse Group’s interests on European and global level in conjunction with frequent travelling
- Developing and maintaining a solid network of political and regulatory contacts
- Supporting the Section’s work in relation to relevant industry associations
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable degree in economics, law, European studies, political or social sciences
- At least 1-2 years working experience in strategy or public affairs as well as practical experiences with political processes at European and/or international level
- Solid knowledge of political institutions as well as formal and informal political processes at EU-level
- Knowledge of European financial markets policies and ongoing legislative files, impacting Financial Market Infrastructures (FMIs) across the value chain and products
- Regulatory knowledge on post-trading issues, notably clearing, would be considered an asset. Well-established contact network within the European institutions
- Ability to explain complex matters in a comprehensible way
- Self-initiative for active information gathering and information processing
- Very good written and spoken English language proficiency; proficiency of German and/or another European official language would be an advantage
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.