Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Engineer for Analyzing Network Data High Frequency Trading Environment (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
The Department Core Infrastructure Services provides efficient and high-class IT infrastructure servicesfor all companies of Deutsche Börse Group (DBG).
The section Networks & Data Center covers the group wide Data Center Management as well as development and operation of DBG’s global Networks.
Our highly skilled and experienced team members in Frankfurt/Eschborn, Prague, Luxembourg, Chicago and Zürich are acting as a professional and reliable service provider for our internal and external customers and stakeholders.
The Network Engineering Trading Team is responsible for developing and building DBG's global trading networks. We are responsible for the delivery of trading data to our customers, which is either colocation directly with us or connected via leased lines at one of our access points.
To support our team, we are now looking for a network engineer (m/f) who will support us in the colocation environment. Very high standards of fairness are required here. We have to ensure this by providing the right infrastructure The physical connection as well as the right hardware components have to be selected, tested and put into production and improved.
- Research, design, develop, implement and maintain network, timing, and capture infrastructure
- Perform in-depth latency and network analyses
- Conduct related hands-on tasks in the data center, e.g. measure cable length to ensure quality
- Develop automated test scenarios and tools to evaluate network devices
- Able to analyze captured Network Data with scripts like Phyton
- You will ensure operational stability of the field of responsibility
- Create and maintain detailed documentation and procedures of the network, timing, and capturing environment in all aspects of its utilization; ensure associated work in compliance with the documented procedures.
- You will provide consulting services to other departments and assist with implementation of multiple product vendors and technologies
- University degree in Information Technology Computer Science or equivalent
- Practical experience in operating network devices, preferably with CCNP certificate or equivalent
- Basic practical experience in network technology
- Basic knowledge and experience in routing technologies
- Basic knowledge of the time concepts NTP, PTP, WR-PTP, and PPS
- Basic knowledge of the physical infrastructure TAP, fibre optic cables, coax cables
- Experience in testing network components I from advantage
- Experience with scripting programs is strongly needed
- Very Good programming experience in python is strongly needed
- Knowledge of Wireshark, TShark, PCAP
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a critical production environment; perform occasional installations on weekends
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; German considered a plus
- Willingness to travel (<10%)
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.
Ninwe Gourie – Campus Recruiting
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Campus Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.