Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Expert - Head of IT Controls and Assurance
Clearstream Global Securities Services Ltd. • Prague, Cork, Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Cork, Luxembourg, Prague
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
- The IFS IT Department delivers technology to support the Investment Fund Solutions (IFS) business in providing Clearstream’s services across all fund types, from mutual funds to exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and alternative funds.
- Within the IFS IT Department there are three sections. One of these is the IFS IT Shared Services Section. A key role within this section is the Head of IT Controls and Assurance to ensure we govern ourselves effectively across IFS IT.
- The role will ensure that the operational workings of the department are pro-active, assured and aligned with wider Business Partners and Functions e.g. Procurement, Risk, Audit, Compliance, and the Central Post Trade IT Office
- This includes evolution, alignment, and assurance of concepts such as Financials, Risks, Issues, Asset Management, Contracts Management, Inter Company Agreements, Supplier Management, License Management, Commercials, Business Continuity Planning, Regulatory alignment, Workforce planning, Policy Adherence, and Legal.
- This role is ideally based in Cork and reports to the Head of Shared Services. It is possible to be based in Luxembourg or Prague.
- Provide management and leadership to the IFS IT Controls and Assurance Team
- Financial Budget Management and Procurement activities
- Ensure management of all technology risks and issues including scheduling of Penetration-tests,
- Oversee Supplier commercial management
- Responsibility for Technology Audit Management
- Oversee Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning and arrangements including scheduled testing and issue remediation tracking
- IFS IT’s Compliance to Clearstream’s Security Management System and relevant regulatory obligations
- Provide strong and effective support to country, regional, and program management teams.
- Create a work atmosphere conducive to professional growth and development of excellent personnel at all levels.
- Promote accountability by supporting annual performance reviews with team members and ensuring that all staff members are effectively using the performance planning and management system.
- University degree in IT or equivalent
- At least 6-8 years of work experience in Senior IT roles including budget and line management
- Excellent oral and written communication, ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- An ability to work and produce good results under pressure within a team environment
- Open-minded, willing to learn, active, highly organized, personality with attention to detail
- Accuracy, ability to fulfil up-to-date knowledge requirements and take responsibility
- Critical thinking including ability to identify problems and propose effective solutions
- Ability to work on more tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines and report issues/delays
- Fluency in English is mandatory. Knowledge of any other language is an asset.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 50 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.