Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Expert - Tax Services (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Joining a dynamic, international & multicultural team of dedicated and experienced people, you will be responsible for strengthening Tax Services Luxembourg, working in close collaboration with internal stakeholders Tax Operations is interacting with, as well as Clearstream customers on all tax matters related to Income and/or Corporate Actions payments. Based on your in depth 1st or 2nd Line of Defense experience combined with Corporate Action, Income or/and Investment Funds know how, you will act as a key strategic internal asset related to core business. Goal is to re-inforce, ‘As Is’ control & oversight as well as to work on area for improvement related to Tax issues/impacts relevant to administration, policies, procedures, rules, regulations pertaining to CBL/CBF/LuxCSD acting as fiscal agent. Following international market practices and working in collaboration with withholding Tax Agents, various tax authorities and operational teams, your role is to contribute in identifying Tax issues, work on remediation and to establish new control enabling CBL, CBF LuxCSD regulatory compliance.
- Become familiar with tax practise services, processes, roles and responsibilities
- Become a key member of the Tax Services Luxembourg Department working closely together with Tax teams cross locations
- Anticipate and identify potential shortcomings in Tax Services processes in order to develop strategies-solutions to achieve effective de-risking and regulatory compliance including reconciliation, payment and/or reporting to Tax Authorities
- Be in contact with relevant 2nd or/and 3rd LoD, custodians and tax advisors (whenever relevant) to ensure that CBL/CBF/LuxCSD fulfilment of its fiscal agent legal obligations (e.g.Reporting/Payment/Disclosure…)
- Conduct relevant tax oversight to support compliance of Clearstream and/or LuxCSD with its operational tax requirements – contractual agreement i.e. QI, AI
- Collaborate closely with other teams within the Clearstream organization such as Product Management, Legal, Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit to ensure tax processes meet the standards of the market
- Building and strengthening internal and external relationships with suppliers, key customers tax authorities and local tax advisors/consultants.
- Comply with the effective KYC as 1st Line of defence, control and internal procedures
- Execute work assignment in due time
- Report to Management, any identified potential high risk situation/impacts in relation to the Tax services and provide relevant recommendations
- Support a team attitude rather than individualism
- University degree in Finance/Economics/Business/Tax or similar discipline
- Legal background with minimum 5 years of qualified professional experience as Subject Matter Expert in 1st or 2nd Line of Defence is highly desirable
- Experience in banking/custody activities in an international environment
- Demonstrate leadership responsibilities, effective mobility, learning ability and a strong analytical mindset
- Confident in ability to deliver the expected level of expertise to the Clearstream organisation
- Customer focused, risk culture, pro-active and able to work under pressure with good organisation and prioritisation skills
- Open minded in work approach and display a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong team player in a multicultural environment, able to take initiative, highly motivated and flexible
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Fluent in English (Verbal and Written); German is a strong asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Complementary health insurance
Your well-being and that of your family is important to us! We offer an optional supplementary healthcare scheme that complements your health insurance with the possibility to enrole family members, as well.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Benefit from tax optimisation: we offer you an interest subsidy on mortgage loans to optimise the tax on your premiums.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We support you in staying fit! We subsidise 6-month or annual memberships for the fitness or sports club of your choice.