Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Financial Analyst - Controlling & Reporting (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Who we are
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
Corporate IT of Deutsche Börse Group is in charge of end user workplace experience, voice & communication, application development and operations for all group processes such as Financial Core, Customer Care, Control & Corporate Processes, as well as Deutsche Börse Group’s Reference Data Platform. We also develop and operate our Enterprise Analytics and Digital Boardroom which are the core of sharing and measuring our group’s success.
Our mission is simple – Make IT Run!
We are passionate in running our existing IT landscape and exploring every day what makes DBG as a company, and thus all our colleagues, run better – simplify and automate processes, use modern technology and devices, and make collaboration fun. We are driven by user experience, performance, stable operations, and a high degree of Information Security and Compliance.
In your role you will be the first point of contact for Corporate IT reporting, budgeting, cost management and forecasting. You are dedicated to your team and your team’s success, live our DBG Corporate and IT values, and strive to take ownership. Personal motivated egos are not embraced.
The perfect candidate for this role will have a “can do” positive attitude, model cultural transformation by embracing and encompassing diversity and inclusion. Bring your curiosity and interest in life-long learning to all situations, mixed with a great sense of humor to diffuse challenging situations and an admiration for a challenging and fast paced environment.
- Financial Planning: You will lead and manage the whole annual budget process chain, prepare quarterly Forecasts; analyze and interpret results versus budget as well as recommend corrective improvements/actions if necessary
- Reporting: prepare monthly and quarterly reports, review month-end results, create variance analysis
- Cost Management: Support monthly closing process (validate costs with respective parties, ensure accruals are correctly recorded), review of cost flow within Corporate IT, develop cost-driver model for IT operating costs and external service providers, Allocate IT costs to market segments
- Liaise and communicate with different stakeholders (IT Executive office, Financial Accounting & Controlling, Project Managers & Line Managers)
- Increase transparency on IT costs by adding new dimensions
- Analyze potential gaps and risks, prepare decisions, request counter measures
- Prepare Business Cases
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Accounting/Controlling is required.
- 2 or more years of controlling or other relevant experience
- Knowledge of SAP (FI, CO, BW, ERP)
- Good communications skills and excellent analytical skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and German
- very good analytical skills and the ability to understand information quickly, derive insights, synthesize information clearly and concisely, and devise solutions
- high sense of responsibility, a “can do” positive attitude and the ability to work independently, efficiently and solution-oriented
- a great sense of humour to diffuse challenging situations
There are many reasons to work with us
- Responsibility for challenging projects in an international environment
- Personal and professional development through international and interdisciplinary teamwork
- Attractive social benefits
- A broad variety of career opportunities
Limited for 1 year
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.