Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Financial Quantitative Analyst - Equity and Index Sales Operations (f/m/d)
Deutsche Boerse Systems, Inc. • Chicago
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
The Equity & Index Sales team goal is to increase distribution, develop deep relationships and act as the trusted advisor for clients on the buy and sell side across the globe. The team sits in over ten offices in the EU, US and Asia regions and covers over 1000 members, customers, and prospects.
The Sales Operations team is the backbone of the sales team. The team provide the tools and quantitative solutions to help the sales organization run effectively and efficiently to meet the overall Equity and Index strategic objectives. They are a key ingredient for our customers to depend on Eurex as a trusted advisor in the trading process.
As an analyst at Eurex you will gain expertise in areas of product development and strategies, regulatory environment and norms, and market structure, you will have an excellent opportunity to experience the financial markets live and gain valuable practical experience in an innovative and fast-growing industry. As an analyst you will be responsible for the collection and interpretation of a wide range of data (volumes, revenues, market share, pricing etc.), using a variety of technics, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to more complex data analysis and project development. In addition, you will be required to develop your product and customer knowledge, analyse the developing market trends, and to contribute to the elaboration of multiyear business plans.
- Product Specialist
- Specialize in the unique properties of the products and create quantitative analysis and presentations that highlight the “USPs” of the product for the Sales Teams
- Understand the financial products especially derivatives created based on leading index providers (FTSE, DAX or MSCI) and apply quantitative techniques in analyzing them
- Produce consistent, accurate and visual reports based on analytics and automation
- Collaborate with the product development and sales team to create innovative data-driven sales materials
- Build and present business cases assessing the potential of Eurex new products and functionalities
- Track product targets and disseminate to the global sales team to keep sales team accountable and motivated
- Client facing
- Handle incoming ad-hoc requests from customers for data analytics using a variety of techniques ranging from data aggregation to more complex multi-criteria analysis
- Produce research-based customer intelligence reports, supporting the sales team’s own intelligence
- Sales Management Data Analysis
- Manage CRM, sales process and create innovative solutions to track sales targets, monitoring performance and to ensure the sales team is performing against their target
- Produce monthly activity reports, internal senior management reports using both qualitative and quantitative data collective from internal and external sources
- Build rapport and relationships with colleagues based in US, Asia, and Europe to deliver cross-regional projects. Articulate requirements to software developers.
- Modify and create financial analytic models while maintaining the script and procedures library
- Analyst Program
- Learn the various businesses, operations, and processes in an exchange
- Establish yourself as a liaison between the businesses to share workload and best practices
- Develop leadership and subject matter expertise to expand responsibilities in the exchange
- University degree in mathematics, economics, or finance
- Outstanding academic record
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Exceptional self-motivation and a natural drive to achieve excellence, must have an impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work in a global company
- Team-based philosophy as well as ability to work independently
- Demonstrated capability and willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Technical skills: VBA, SQL, Python, Microsoft office tools, Bloomberg
- Ability to create databases
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.