Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Financial Risk Analyst (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Your area of work
Clearstream Risk Management is responsible for the assessment, quantification and reporting of financial and operational risks of the Clearstream group. In your new role you will be covering the design, maintenance and progression of all models used to determine capital requirements for financial risks under the economic perspective within the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and analyse risks in the context of the Internal Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Process (ILAAP).
- Analyse, design, maintain, and enhance the risk methodology for financial risk drivers (credit, market and liquidity), which includes the development of frameworks for both adequate stress scenarios and rigorous back tests to continuously evaluate a model’s performance
- Design and implement new models for financial risk drivers due to the continuous product and service extensions of Clearstream entities
- By your understanding of working in the risk department of a key player in the financial sector and of Deutsche Börse Group’s specific role as a critical but trusted market infrastructure provider, you always consider the relevant regulatory aspects to confirm this status and expectation by both market participants and supervisory bodies
- You will work in a structured and science-based way, where written documentation of analyses, modeling approaches and efficient program code is a key tool to collect arguments for methodologic correctness and shows your attention to detail
- You fully understand your models with both its advantages and limitations, which enables you to explain related complexities in a concise way to decision-makers and persuade at all levels of sophistication
- Graduate degree in a financial or quantitative discipline
- Relevant work experience in the financial industry, preferably in a risk/pricing model development or validation role
- Good understanding of financial markets and financial products as well as the regulatory landscape (MaRisk, ICAAP, ILAAP) and its interrelation (ICAAP vs. CRR vs. CSDR)
- Proven problem-solving ability and control mentality
- Sound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their application
- Ability to collaborate with people from different departments and levels of seniority
- Efficient team player with a high degree of organizational self-reliance and good communication skills
- Adept in MS Office usage, a level of programming and database experience is recommended (e.g. Python, SQL)
- Your IT affinity is required for supportive advisory and testing activities during the productive IT implementation carried out by a dedicated IT developer team
- We aim for an open-minded, critical thinking and communicative working environment in which inclusion, idea sharing, and mutual support are necessary to master the ever-growing challenges
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, additional French or German language skills desired
Duration: full-time contract
We look forward to receiving your CV and Cover Letter in English !
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Complementary health insurance
Your well-being and that of your family is important to us! We offer an optional supplementary healthcare scheme that complements your health insurance with the possibility to enrole family members, as well.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Benefit from tax optimisation: we offer you an interest subsidy on mortgage loans to optimise the tax on your premiums.
We support you in staying fit! We subsidise 6-month or annual memberships for the fitness or sports club of your choice.