Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Financial Risk Analyst (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Clearstream Risk Management is responsible for the assessment, quantification and reporting of financial and operational risks of the Clearstream group. In your new role you will be part of the Financial Risk team. The unit inter alia assumes responsibility for the continuous review, assessment and development of the Internal Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Process (ILAAP) for Clearstream entities with a focus on liquidity risk models to control Treasury activities. You will significantly contribute to Clearstream’s overall risk strategy and shape its way towards establishing a robust financial risk management framework in one of the largest financial market infrastructure providers.
- Design, document and maintain an effective financial risk management framework in a CSD environment
- Review new regulatory requirements and assess the impact on financial risk
- Calculate and report regular and ad-hoc financial risk stress tests, maintain financial risk stress testing models
- Conduct data analyses to assess risks related to Treasury activities and exposures in order to provide independent control and oversight
- Work in close collaboration with IT to accompany tool development processes, including writing business requirements and performing business acceptance testing
- Deliver insightful information to senior management and committees particularly regarding the financial risk appetite
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders and regulatory authorities, represent liquidity risk topics in internal and external meetings
- University degree in a banking & finance, economic, quantitative or similar discipline
- First working experience in financial (risk) management or Treasury in regulated financial institutions, understanding of liquidity stress testing and ILAAP
- Understanding of regulatory landscape (e.g., CSD-R, EBA/ECB guidelines) would be considered an asset
- Good understanding of financial markets, treasury activities of banks and banking products; knowledge of the process of clearing and settlement is an asset
- Strong analytical skills, creativity, critical thinking, ability to identify problems and propose solutions, as well as to take responsibility for their timely implementation
- Excellent communication, presentation and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent command of MS office; a level of programming and database experience is desirable (e.g., VBA, Python, SQL)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; additional German or French language skills will be an asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.