Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Financial Risk Manager - Liquidity Risk (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Clearstream Risk Management is responsible for the assessment, quantification and reporting of financial and operational risks of the Clearstream group. In your new role you will functionally be part of the Financial Risk team. The unit inter alia assumes responsibility for the continuous review, assessment and development of the Internal Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Process (ILAAP) for Clearstream entities with a focus on liquidity risk models to control Treasury activities. You will significantly contribute to Clearstream’s overall risk strategy and shape its way towards establishing a robust financial risk management framework in one of the largest financial market infrastructure providers.
- Design, document and maintain an effective liquidity risk management framework in a CSD environment
- Review new regulatory requirements and assess the impact on liquidity risk
- Calculate and report regular and ad-hoc liquidity stress tests, maintain liquidity stress testing models
- Conduct data analyses to assess risks related to Treasury activities and exposures in order to provide independent control and oversight
- Work in close collaboration with IT to accompany tool development processes, including writing business requirements and performing business acceptance testing
- Deliver insightful information to senior management and committees particularly regarding the liquidity risk appetite
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders and regulatory authorities, represent liquidity risk topics in internal and external meetings
- University degree in a banking & finance, economic, quantitative or similar discipline
- First working experience in liquidity (risk) management or Treasury in regulated financial institutions, understanding of liquidity stress testing and ILAAP
- Understanding of regulatory landscape (e.g., CSD-R, EBA/ECB guidelines) would be considered an asset
- Good understanding of financial markets, treasury activities of banks and banking products; knowledge of the process of clearing and settlement is an asset
- Strong analytical skills, creativity, critical thinking, ability to identify problems and propose solutions, as well as to take responsibility for their timely implementation
- Excellent communication, presentation and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent command of MS office; a level of programming and database experience is desirable (e.g., VBA, Python, SQL)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; additional German or French language skills will be an asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Complementary health insurance
Your well-being and that of your family is important to us! We offer an optional supplementary healthcare scheme that complements your health insurance with the possibility to enrole family members, as well.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Benefit from tax optimisation: we offer you an interest subsidy on mortgage loans to optimise the tax on your premiums.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We support you in staying fit! We subsidise 6-month or annual memberships for the fitness or sports club of your choice.