Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Functional Analyst (Issuance IT)
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Who we are
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
“Issuance” is the team of Clearstream that offers innovative services to its customers for the issuance of financial securities such as shares, warrants and funds. In other words – without the Issuance services, there would be nothing to trade on the German financial market! The Issuance IT Team develops the next-generation software that enables your business colleagues and customers to boost volume and processing efficiency, i.e. increase revenue and decrease operation costs.
As Functional Analyst, you will be an essential part of the Issuance IT Team. You contribute to the growth of Clearstream because you ensure that new functionalities are correctly implemented. Therefore, you translate business requirements into a specification that your developers rely on. Your main peers are: (1) the Product Owner, who defines the business roadmap (2) the Software Architect and software developers that build new functionalities based on your specification (3) related IT departments and service providers who play an important role for providing those functionalities. You excel in your job because you have an outstanding analytical mindset and you are both interested in technology and the financial services which the Issuance Team supports.
- You interview relevant stakeholders to get a complete and reliable understanding of the business services.
- You document those findings in an easy-to-understand format and translate them into simple and clear tasks for the developers.
- You explain specifications to both business and IT stakeholders.
- Together with your development peers, you analyze, research and propose solutions for providing required functionalities.
- You contribute to the continuous improvement of the software development lifecycle, methodology and tool set.
- You support colleagues in the team in completing collective tasks.
- +5 yrs professional experience as a functional analyst, business analyst, product owner or similar role
- Highly analytical mind-set – Your structured approach helps you to deal with demanding tasks taking elements of feasibility and efficiency into account.
- Good understanding of IT in general – You won’t code but you must know basic concepts in regard to e.g. programming and IT infrastructure.
- Very good communication skills – You have professional discussions with technology peers and you communicate even complex facts in a way that business peers understand.
- High degree of self-dependence – You identify opportunities and risks in your area of activity as well as beyond that.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills, German is a plus
- Knowledge of the financial industry, e.g. related to business of Deutsche Börse and Clearstream
- In-depth knowledge of the financial market, e.g. financial security types, issuance process of securities and settlement.
- Programming competency – You can think like a developer.
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Jira and Github.
- Experience in agile methodologies
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.