Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Head of Data Science and Business Insights (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. London Branch • London
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
The role of Head of Data Science and Business Insights will involve establishing and leading a team of highly skilled data scientists and analysts and scaling out the team as the function grows. The team is incorporated within the "Client Connectivity & Data" section and significantly contributes to the strategical growth of Clearstream within the data space.
• Drive growth by creating new value-added data services through the smart use of digital tools, platforms, technologies, services, and processes.
• Lead the innovation efforts within the data science and business insights area, manage the team and take responsibility for the design and end-to-end delivery of machine learning and data-related solutions to a high standard and contribute to the Clearstream Data Strategy
• Lead, manage, motivate, and grow the team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts and help their career progression and development to unlock their potential and channel it to deliver impactful output
• Build a strategic understanding of the needs of the clients and the internal businesses across the data space, use advanced data science and ML techniques and approaches to solve business problems and lead the development of solutions that benefit our internal and external customers
• Ensure collaboration, knowledge sharing, and digital best practices between partners and colleagues to help embed a robust data and BI ecosystem
• Liaise with multiple stakeholders across products, sales, client services, IT and operations to develop relationships, understand requirements and identify feasible opportunities for delivering new data products and utilizing data for internal needs, such as data-driven decision making and the operational excellence
• Partner closely with IT on defining and implementing Data Infrastructure
• Facilitate close collaboration between the Data Science and Business Insights team and the IT on data pipelines, data acquisition, solution development, implementation, and ensure adherence to best practices and standards
• Measure ROI on data products, fine-tuning approaches as needed to ensure we're investing in the right tools and resources
• Identifying new data tools that can support, enhance and improve our solutions
• Manage Budget and initiatives within the ongoing agenda and liaise with multiple stakeholders on ideation, assessment, and prioritization of new use cases
• Foster and deepen the culture of data-driven decision making across business units
• Work with business unit leads to determine key KPIs and their impact on operational and financial performance of the business. Turn the complex data-driven insights into simple communication for the organization at large. Analyze the data sets to determine key value propositions
• Establish yourself as a trusted partner to the product teams and clients
• Understand Client Data Requirements and create solutions, as required.
• People management experience of leading, managing and scaling out a tech team within a corporate organization (recruiting and developing new team members, identifying skills gaps, managing the talent)
• Experience in designing, managing, and delivering data science solutions with a proven track record of managing end-to-end delivery of machine learning projects from ideation to R&D to production with multiple stakeholders involved (managing timelines, development, deliverables and expectations) and a talent for managing complex projects and timelines effectively and handling evolving situations fluidly
• Experience in managing senior stakeholders and communicating complex, technical information in an engaging way to both technical and non-technical audiences, including the use of data visualization tools when appropriate
• Quick learner who is proactive, result-oriented, highly analytical and organized, strong collaborator, self-motivated, strategic, and creative thinker open to new ideas, approaches, challenges, and environments with the ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks and meet aggressive deadlines. Good communication (both verbal and written) and visualization skills. Have an ability to stay calm in times of adversity and uncertainty.
• Exceptional leadership skills, portraying an ability to lead a cross-functional group in a unified direction as well as an ability to influence. A people person who is approachable, with high emotional intelligence, demonstrating an ability to form strong connections and teams.
• Multiple years of applied data science experience and deep understanding of the concepts of machine learning, data science, natural language processing techniques, data pipelining, data visualization, data insights; advanced analytics capabilities with extensive experience in programming (Python preferred)
• Advanced degree (Ph.D. preferred) in a quantitative discipline (mathematics, statistics, computer science, etc.) and solid expertise in the financial markets will be an asset. A good understanding of the post-trade and securities business is a plus
• Technical expertise on systems, BI infrastructure, tech & reporting stack, is recommended
• Tremendous attention to detail and desire to understand the underlying reality of the business operations, audience characteristics, etc.
• Extensive experience in solving analytical issues through quantitative approaches and machine learning methods as well as vast experience using advanced statistical methods, data mining techniques, and information retrieval. Comfortable in analyzing and manipulating large, complex, high-dimensional data from numerous sources.
Location: Luxembourg, Frankfurt, London
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Time out! It’s important for us that you feel balanced and comfortable. Therefore, we offer you an annual leave of 30 days.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Top up your pension! We pay you a pension contribution which is meant to build up additional retirement savings for you.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.