Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Head of Data Science & Business Insights - Client Connectivity & Data (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. London Branch • Frankfurt am Main, Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main, Luxembourg
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
The role of Head of Data Science and Business Insights will involve establishing and leading a team of highly skilled data scientists and analysts and scaling out the team as the function grows. The team is incorporated within the "Client Connectivity & Data" section and significantly contributes to the strategical growth of Clearstream within the data space.
- Drive growth by creating new value-added data services through the smart use of digital tools, platforms, technologies, services, and processes.
- Lead the innovation efforts within the data science and business insights area, manage the team and take responsibility for the design and end-to-end delivery of machine learning and data-related solutions to a high standard and contribute to the Clearstream Data Strategy
- Lead, manage, motivate, and grow the team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts and help their career progression and development to unlock their potential and channel it to deliver impactful output
- Build a strategic understanding of the needs of the clients and the internal businesses across the data space, use advanced data science and ML techniques and approaches to solve business problems and lead the development of solutions that benefit our internal and external customers
- Ensure collaboration, knowledge sharing, and digital best practices between partners and colleagues to help embed a robust data and BI ecosystem
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders across products, sales, client services, IT and operations to develop relationships, understand requirements and identify feasible opportunities for delivering new data products and utilizing data for internal needs, such as data-driven decision making and the operational excellence
- Partner closely with IT on defining and implementing Data Infrastructure
- Facilitate close collaboration between the Data Science and Business Insights team and the IT on data pipelines, data acquisition, solution development, implementation, and ensure adherence to best practices and standards
- Measure ROI on data products, fine-tuning approaches as needed to ensure we're investing in the right tools and resources
- Identifying new data tools that can support, enhance and improve our solutions
- Manage Budget and initiatives within the ongoing agenda and liaise with multiple stakeholders on ideation, assessment, and prioritization of new use cases
- Foster and deepen the culture of data-driven decision making across business units
- Work with business unit leads to determine key KPIs and their impact on operational and financial performance of the business. Turn the complex data-driven insights into simple communication for the organization at large. Analyze the data sets to determine key value propositions
- Establish yourself as a trusted partner to the product teams and clients
- Understand Client Data Requirements and create solutions, as required.
- People management experience of leading, managing and scaling out a tech team within a corporate organization (recruiting and developing new team members, identifying skills gaps, managing the talent)
- Experience in designing, managing, and delivering data science solutions with a proven track record of managing end-to-end delivery of machine learning projects from ideation to R&D to production with multiple stakeholders involved (managing timelines, development, deliverables and expectations) and a talent for managing complex projects and timelines effectively and handling evolving situations fluidly
- Experience in managing senior stakeholders and communicating complex, technical information in an engaging way to both technical and non-technical audiences, including the use of data visualization tools when appropriate
- Quick learner who is proactive, result-oriented, highly analytical and organized, strong collaborator, self-motivated, strategic, and creative thinker open to new ideas, approaches, challenges, and environments with the ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks and meet aggressive deadlines. Good communication (both verbal and written) and visualization skills. Have an ability to stay calm in times of adversity and uncertainty.
- Exceptional leadership skills, portraying an ability to lead a cross-functional group in a unified direction as well as an ability to influence. A people person who is approachable, with high emotional intelligence, demonstrating an ability to form strong connections and teams.
- Multiple years of applied data science experience and deep understanding of the concepts of machine learning, data science, natural language processing techniques, data pipelining, data visualization, data insights; advanced analytics capabilities with extensive experience in programming (Python preferred)
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. preferred) in a quantitative discipline (mathematics, statistics, computer science, etc.) and solid expertise in the financial markets will be an asset. A good understanding of the post-trade and securities business is a plus
- Technical expertise on systems, BI infrastructure, tech & reporting stack, is recommended
- Tremendous attention to detail and desire to understand the underlying reality of the business operations, audience characteristics, etc.
- Extensive experience in solving analytical issues through quantitative approaches and machine learning methods as well as vast experience using advanced statistical methods, data mining techniques, and information retrieval. Comfortable in analyzing and manipulating large, complex, high-dimensional data from numerous sources.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.