Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Head of Margining Services Software Development Unit - Risk IT (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Prague
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Filed of Activity
Deutsche Börse Group is one of the leading global market infrastructure providers. Our group provides trading, clearing, settlement, market data distribution and other services for a broad range of asset classes (securities, derivatives, FX…).
In Risk (a semi-independent Product of Deutsche Börse) we focus on making Eurex Clearing the industry leader in Risk Services / Central Counterparty (CCP) Risk Management and to support the growth into new products and markets. We are at the heart of the Deutsche Börse Group market infrastructure offering and of utter importance for the stability of the global financial market. We are looking for a Teamlead for our Risk IT – Margining Services team in Prague.
We foster a culture of high standards, openness and responsibility. Working on foundational components of European financial stability, we value collaboration across teams and viewpoints, balancing system performance, agility, stability and operational excellence.
The Risk IT - Margining Services team builds and maintains the most critical Eurex Clearing risk management application Prisma. Prisma calculates the risk level, called margin requirement, in real-time that has to be collateralized by trading and clearing members. This can go up to as much as 100 billion Euro. Prisma is crucial for the CCP offering to the market, markets can only remain open if Prisma is available.
As Teamlead Margining Services - Risk IT (f/m/d), you are taking responsibility for the application development of Prisma and future margining applications. You will manage an experienced software developer team.
As a line manager you foster our team culture and make people management an integral part of your agenda. You actively work on your team’s and team member’s personal development, you propose development measures to keep the team updated on latest trends in technology and you create visibility for talents in your team. Risk IT aims to provide an attractive environment to talents across backgrounds, nationalities, culture and gender. As part of the Risk IT Leadership team, you will make an effective contribution towards increasing the team’s diversity.
With your responsibility for Prisma and future margining applications you communicate and align with stakeholders such as IT Project Managers, IT security functions as well as business stakeholders on application design, development capacity and delivery scope. In terms of reporting, you will regularly report on the performance, change status as well as potential issues with respective solution proposals to the Risk IT Leadership Team. You will also support respective reporting to the Eurex Clearing Board.
Here are your responsibilities in more detail:
- Ensure maintenance and on-call support for the sake of stable operations. Agree with business on SLAs and respective KPIs and ensure appropriate support levels by the application development team.
- Deliver software changes in a reliable and transparent manner, in scope, time and budget. Align with project managers, peers from Risk IT, neighbouring IT teams as well as IT Operations, IT Security and control functions proactively where required
- Drive continuous improvement of the software development process and proactively raise ideas to increase efficiency to the Risk IT Leadership Team
- Report margining applications’ performance, change status and issues with respective solution proposal to Risk IT Leadership Team and support reporting to the Eurex Clearing Senior Management regularly and in appropriate form
- Maintain relationships to all Risk IT stakeholders incl. but not limited to CCP Risk Management, Risk Exposure Management, Eurex IT Management, Eurex Product Development & Strategy, IT Operations, IT Security and Control functions
- Work actively on team’s and team members’ personal development, including measures for keeping the team updated on latest trends in technology
- Make an effective contribution to provide an attractive environment to talents across backgrounds, nationalities, culture and gender and to increase the team’s diversity
- Ensure a thorough understanding of applicable regulations in the team and support audits as required
- Understand the IT and business roadmap, transport understanding to the team and translate into actions on team level
Required skills/qualification - You should possess and demonstrate the following:
- Degree in Computer Science or a quantitative / engineering field (Maths, Physics, Engineering or similar)
- Leadership experience in managing software development teams
- Professional software development experience, especially in C++, is a must
- Solid project management skills and experience with reporting to senior management
- Team player with excellent communication skills, naturally striving for inclusion rather than exclusion, creating transparency, proactive communication rather than passive response, continuously self-assessing High results orientation, reliability and setting high standards for quality of work products
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, Czech would be a strong advantage (all current team members speak Czech)
Preferred skills/qualifications – the following skills would be a plus:
- Software development experience in Java
- Experienced with the IT of a financial market infrastructure provider or of a bank trading in derivative markets
- Know-How with regards to benefits of Cloud Computing
- Experienced in the area of Audit and Compliance, familiar with MaRisk and EMIR regulations
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Top up your pension! We provide you a contribution to the pension fund which is meant to build up additional retirement savings for you.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Your work-life balance is important! We offer you our MultiSport Card which you can use for various sport and wellness activities.
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.